What I've Been Reading - Meh reads again!


Hello everyone!

I hope you guys are well.

I'm going back to work this Tuesday at my essential job. I've self-isolated longer due to my mom's underlying health condition, but now that the curve has started flattening I'm going to venture out! My mom sewed me a mask and I have gloves, so pray that it'll all be okay. 

My anxiety has been pretty bad the past two weeks. As someone who gets very much stuck inside their head, sitting at home isn't the greatest thing for me. I didn't realise how much being at work helped distract me, so I am grateful that I can work tomorrow!

One Silver SummerA Taxonomy of LoveThe Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)Shell

One Silver Summer - ⭐ | A Taxonomy of Love - ⭐ | The Queen of Nothing - ⭐.5 | Shell - 

This week was a "meh" reading week. I can feel myself slipping into a reading slump, and I think it's because the past three books I've read haven't been great. 😞 One Silver Summer was a cute read, but it was quite average. A Taxonomy of Love was definitely my favourite read of the week - I absolutely LOVED it! 💖 It was a very cute read that definitely tugged on my heartstrings. 


I was really expecting to love The Queen of Nothing, as it was one of my highly anticipated reads, but I was so disappointed. I found the plot quite basic and not that great. The ending was also quite abrupt and anticlimactic. So disappointed.

Shell was interesting, but the characters annoyed the heck out of me. Also, what is that ending?! 

Olivia TwistThe Ruby in the Smoke (Sally Lockhart, #1)

I'm not really feeling Olivia Twist at the moment, but I'm really enjoying The Ruby in the Smoke!

I don't feel like reading anything particular at the moment, but I guess the world is my oyster!

What have you read this week? What's been your favourite book?