Saturday, 20 December 2014

Stacking the Shelves #72 - Otherwise known as the edition where I broke my library/requesting/buying ban.

Stacking the Shelves

Guys it's holidays, isn't that utterly fabulous?! So what better way to celebrate this then going to the library and getting books?!

I didn't mean to get all these books, just the first couple of Skulduggery Pleasant books but...THINGS HAPPEN.

So without further ado, here are the books I got at the library:
Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant, #2)The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant, #3)Mortal Coil (Skulduggery Pleasant, #5)Where She WentLies Beneath (Lies Beneath, #1)Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1)Valiant (Modern Faerie Tales, #2)

SQUEEEEEE! I GOT WHERE SHE WENT.

WHERE SHE WENT.

THE SEQUEL TO IF I STAY, WHICH I, BY THE WAY, UTTERLY ADORED!


I also got Lies Beneath which has literally been on my wishlist ever since I started blogging. It's got mermaids in. Murderous ones, but still, they're mermaids and I LOVE mermaid stories.

I'm also planning on reading the Skulduggery Pleasant series because I got the last one to review, I'm not sure if I'll like it? Hopefully I'll love it.

Annnnnnd I also got Tithe and Valiant by Holly Black as I LOVE faerie books and I've heard good things about the author. I might not read Valiant though as apparently there's a lot of profanity so...might not read it. WE'LL SEE.

Ebooks I Received for Review:
Paper or PlasticThe Dagger in the Desk (Lockwood & Co., #1.5)Colonial Madness

I mistook the Dagger in the Desk to be the third book, but I think it's a novella? I'm not sure, but it's Lockwood & Co and I LOVE Lockwood & Co - so YAY!

Paper or Plastic and Colonial Madness also look ADORABLE and I'm really looking forward to reading them.

Books I Bought:
Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys

The first book I've bought in months. I had to celebrate the longest book-buying ban ever by buying a book, naturally. This looks so cute and it reminds me slightly of Jenny Han's summer trilogy. It looks really cute. And fluffy. And swoon-y. So me thinks I shall enjoy this!


Ahh, so pretty. *strokes them*

Which books did you get this week? If you did a STS post, leave your link and I'll be sure to stop by! 

*Edit:

I just went to the library again and I these as well!
Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1)Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)

*squeals for eternity* I can't wait to read both of these!

46 comments:

  1. WOW, Kyra! Awesome haul :)
    I loved both If I Stay and Where She Went...
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! This is a massive haul. I hope you'll enjoy them. Adam's POV nearly broke me. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for massive library hauls! I haven't used the library in years because I kept getting in trouble for building up too many fees XD


    I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover of Days of Blood and Starlight. Its so gorgeous! Also, Lies Beneath seems very Check out My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I snagged a copy of Paper or Plastic this week, too. It looks so cute. Enjoy all your new books!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo many pretty books! What an amazing haul! :-) I hope you enjoy all of your new additions! Happy Holidays! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where She Went! Yay! :D

    Hope you enjoy all your books

    Happy Holidays! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, great haul!
    LOCKWOOD & CO. I think you're the only one I know who adores it as much as I do! I've still to read the second book but I'm hoping I'll be able to soon!
    Long time, no speak, Kyra. How are you? AND I'M ON MY XMAS HOLS TOO NOW. So yay for reading time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where She Went -- good choice :)


    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome stack of books this week. I hope you love all your new books this week. They look amazing this week.


    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul! You have a lot of great books to read. I haven't read the Skullduggery Pleasant series, but I have the first one and I've been meaning to read it. I hope you enjoy your books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never did get into the Skulduggery Pleasant books but I want to! Valiant was pretty good if I'm remembering correctly, it was a bit mature though yeah. Megan Meade was so fun! It's more of a MG but I liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved Where She Went! Never seen that cover for it. Enjoy! Happy Reading & Happy Holidays!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome haul! I've been meaning to pick up Where She Went since I really enjoyed If I Stay. Lies Beneath sounds really good, I've found that I really like books about mermaids and such. I hope you enjoy your books and happy holidays! :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dude I am about to break my book buying ban as well. I heard about a 50% off on Book Outlet happening on Boxing Day, so there goes my plan not get any books! But hey, it's nearly xmas...that's a valid excuse, yes? YES?!


    And AHH YES WHERE SHE WENT. IT'S SO BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN AND RAW OMFG.


    Have a Merry Christmas, hun! <33

    ReplyDelete
  16. DUDE GO BIG OR GO HOME. I fully approve of this "breaking of the book ban" if you go big and it looks like you did so kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a big and awesome haul for sure! I loved Where She Went better than If I Stay. The Daughter of Smoke & Bone is amazing! I hope you enjoy the second book :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh, Skuldugger is AMAZING!! I've only read 2 books so far, but I'm literally just about to crack open the 3rd! Just as soon as I read a few more blogs. ;-) But yaaay, they're SO hilarious and wonderful. I LOVED the audios, but my library only has book 2 and 7 on audio. -_- So I shall read speedily to get up to book 7. HEHE. I loved Where She Went too!! ADAM IS ADORABLE. I thought it was a bit predictable and didn't love it AS much as If I Stay, but it was still amazing.
    afdjsakd LAINI TAYLOR ajfkdlsafdf

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paper or Plastic sounded so cute. Hope it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great haul this week! I absolutely loved Where She Went, such a brilliant book. I really want to try Skulduggery, I've heard so many good things. I hope you enjoy all of your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bought Lies Beneath recently and I'm really looking forward to it. Paper and Plastic sounds so cute! I can't wait to hear what you think of all of your goodies! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT. That book is everything. ENJOY IT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you! Let me know how you like Lies Beneath! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just finished the first Skulduggery Pleasant book and I really enjoyed it - you must definitely try reading it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. EEK! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT! I have the first 4 from my library, but I need to get the other 4 as I got the last one to review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. BUY ALL THE BOOKS, MELANIE, BUY ALL THE BOOKS. Thank you! You too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I also really enjoy mermaid books, I hope you get to it soon! :) Thank you - you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. It does, I hope you enjoy it! Thank you - you too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. For some reason the girl reminds me a bit of Kristen Stewart? Eh, maybe it's just me. ;) Thank you - you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aww that's a pity! I just finished the first one and I really enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you! I really enjoyed the first SP book, there's a lot of witty banter which was a lot of fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you and YES, I loved If I Stay so I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE LOCKWOOD & CO! FLAIL WITH ME, RACHEL, FLAIL WITH ME! You HAVE to read the sequel soon, it's really good! And I KNOW, I'm good thanks, how are you?! YAY! Hope you get lots of books read! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much! Happy holidays to you, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes, it looks utterly adorable! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. It is quite a nice cover, I prefer the ones with the masked faces though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can understand that! My parents get so mad at me when I forget to take the books back in time...oops! >.< I renew them online now, though, and that helps a lot! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh gosh...I sobbed during If I Stay so I'll probably sob during this too! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  40. *fails at flailing* I REALLY WANT TOOOOOOOO! I'm good as well, thank you!! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x