My #StayHomeReadingRush TBR!


I LOVE READATHONS. DON'T YOU LOVE READATHONS?!

If there's a readathon to be participated in, you bet I'll be there. I participated in the Reading Rush last year and I had SO MUCH FUN. It was the first time in a long while I properly participated in a readathon. I participated in reading sprints, spoke to other readers, tried completing all the challenges...it was so much fun.

This one is much more low-key BUT there are still reading challenges to complete and there will still be other participants to talk to on Twitter! 

1. How is your reading going while staying home?
Honestly, good. I haven't had this much time to read in a while, and as I have nothing to really tend to at the moment, I have a lot of time to read which is great. I kind of wish I had set a number for the Goodreads reading challenge this year, as I think I would've been ahead at this point. 😌

2. Where have you been reading at home?

The weather has been amazing in the UK the past few days, and as I'm fortunate to have a back garden, I've been reading in a chair in the garden or on a picnic blanket! If the weather isn't too great, I've also been reading in my room.
3. What’s your favourite feel good book?
Ugh, I need more feel good books at the moment. For me, I love the Geek Girl books as they're super cute and funny. Basically any fluffy contemporary is what I'm needing at the moment. The first week of lockdown I was like "GIVE ME ALL THE APOCALYPSE BOOKS" but now I just want super cute and funny love stories.
4. Best book you’ve read during isolation?
These were SO GOOD. 10 Blind Dates made me feel so happy and Chosen Ones just had me going asdfghjkl 95% of the time.
5. Author you want to shout out during this time?
Ashley Elston, author of 10 Blind Dates. Her book made me feel super happy and just allowed me to escape from all the mess we're in for awhile!
6. Book you wish you could buy or borrow from the library?
Luckily, I stocked up on books beforehand so there aren't too many I want to borrow. I also have a Kindle so if I desperately want a book, I can buy it (but I'm trying to save money, so only if I'm super desperate).
7. What is your Reading Rush TBR?
1. Read a book with a house on the cover.
My pick for this is Olivia Twist! There's a little house in the background you can see if you look close enough. This looks like such a fun read and it's high-time I read it!
2. Read a book in the same room the whole time.
I chose Ruby in the Smoke for this challenge! I think it's under 200 pages, so I should be able to read it in one sitting. 3. Read a book set somewhere you wish you could go.
I'm thinking Queen of Nothing for this challenge. Even though the fae can be super scary, I love books that are set in fairyland.
4. Read a book that will make you smile.
I loved Cressida Cowell's books when I was younger, so I'm hoping this will be a fun, fantasy adventure that will have me smiling too!

Are you participating? What books are on your TBR? Let's chat!