March Wrap-Up and April TBR! 🌻



Happy April! 🌻

I hope you guys are well with all that's going on. I hope you're keeping safe and are able to stay at home as much as possible! 

March has been such a weird month, right? It started off normal and then mid-March the virus began to spiral out of control. The shelves began to empty, the masks and gloves were out, and there was a general feeling of unease as the shops slowly began to close down. I feel like the past two weeks we've been living in something of an apocalyptic novel. The future feels uncertain and scary and different. I'm just trying to draw as close as possible to God during this time. Ultimately, He is in control. Ultimately, I can place my trust in Him. And that's a very comforting thing to know in this time! 

I don't have any plans for April, except to keep on social distancing as much as possible (I have to go back to work next week, which I'm quite nervous about!), stay calm, and stay healthy! I also want to try to read a lot in April. I realised that, if all things go according to plan and life returns to normal, I'll be starting university in September and I won't be able to read much while I'm doing my degree. Thus, April through August I'm going to try to read ALL THE BOOKS! HUZZAH!

I'm also getting my Kindle Fire today which I am SO EXCITED about. My Kindle is 8 years old and it's in a pretty good shape, but it can't access my library's ebook app, I can't read magazines on it, I can't do much else except read ebooks that I've bought on it and I just need something a bit more at the moment. 

The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse, #1)A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)Last Day on EarthFeel the Fear (Ruby Redfort #4)Pick Your Poison (Ruby Redfort, #5)Blink and You Die (Ruby Redfort #6)Misty Falls (Benedicts, #4)

The Assassin's Curse - ⭐ | A Heart So Fierce and Broken - ⭐ | Last Day on Earth - ⭐ | Feel the Fear - ⭐ | Pick Your Poison - ⭐.5 | Blink and You Die - ⭐.5 | Misty Falls - ⭐.5

I had a mixed bag of reads this month. I listened to the Assassin's Curse on audiobook and it was okay. I didn't connect to the characters and I didn't care much for the plot...I'm not entirely sure why I finished it to be honest.

A Heart So Fierce and Broken was definitely my favourite read of the month! I read it in two sittings. It was absolutely incredible and I CAN'T WAIT for the next book.


I usually love the Agent Without License series but I was quite disappointed with this book. The plot was predictable and stale and also completely far-fetched. When the one character suggested a plan I literally thought it was joke because it was so far-fetched but nope, they were being serious.


I also finished the Ruby Redfort series which was SO GOOD! The last three books were super intense and addictive. I finished each of them in a day. Considering they're each around 500 pages, you can tell I was super gripped by them.

I also read Misty Falls, the fourth book in the Benedict-Savant series. It was okay. Generally I love these books. They don't include stellar writing or excellent charaterisation but they do keep me entertained, which is all you need sometimes. I don't know though...I didn't really gel with the characters and the plot was too predictable too. It just fell flat for me which I was really disappointed about. Oh, well! 


I really want to try to read 20 books this month - wish me luck!! My shifts at work have been greatly reduced due to the virus, so I'll definitely have more time to read. I hope I love the majority of these!

What books have you read this book? What was your favourite book you read in March? Any books you're super keen to get to in April? Let's chat!