What I've Been Reading #39 - I've read 50 books this year!



Hello everybody!

I hope your Monday is going well so far. It feels good to be blogging again, as I haven't been good with posting lately. BUT I got a new planner so I am feeling Very Organised™️ and I want to get my blogging schedule back on track!

I've been in a bit of a reading slump and also have no idea what I feel like reading. It's summer, so I'm thinking I should start reading some contemporaries...but I don't feel like it. I also don't feel like heavy fantasy? WHAT DO I READ?! I'm halfway through my reading goal...but I'm one book behind. I NEED TO READ MORE.

The Next Together (The Next Together, #1)Onyx and Ivory (Rime Chronicles, #1)Uprooted

The Next Together - ⭐⭐ | Onyx & Ivory - ⭐.5 | Uprooted - ⭐.5/

I had an interested reading week. I read books I'd been wanting to read forever - yay! I was super excited for The Next Together. I've met Lauren James and she seems like a lovely person; her books have super interesting concepts too; however, I didn't love this like I was hoping. It felt kind of insta-lovey at times. The characters had no personality (except the one version of Katherine) and because of this I found the romance really bland and lacking in chemistry. That being said, I was compelled to read it and couldn't put it down. 

Onyx and Ivory was an audiobook I listened to! I LOVED IT. I loved the magic system, the world-building, the characters, and the romance. I need the sequel! 

Uprooted is a book that was super hyped and I had really high expectations. When I first started reading it, I thought "YES. EXPECTATIONS MET. ME LOVE THIS BOOK."...but then it was really slow and I started losing interest at times. It's a very unique book with an odd magic system and I think at times I just didn't really enjoy where the plot was going? It was beautifully written and very fairy tale-esque but I didn't love it like I initially did. 


The Whole Brain Diet: the microbiome solution to heal depression, anxiety, and mental fog without prescription drugsAwake in the World

I've been teaching myself biology and I've developed an interest in how certain foods can affect us physically and mentally. I'm really enjoying The Whole Brain Diet so far!

I'm also currently reading Awake in the World. It's got a girl who wants to study astronomy...#relatable.

Queen of Ruin (Grace and Fury, #2)Finale (Caraval, #3)

I LOVE Grace & Fury! I had to read a recap on it though as I'd forgotten everything. I'm pretty sure I'll love the sequel! I also believe it's a duology? That's pretty cool. 

I also NEED to get to Finale! I hope I love it!

My week in reading...what books have you read lately?