February Wrap-Up & March TBR Pile - Turning 20, starting a new WIP and volunteering!



I hope you guys all had a wonderful February! 

February was a weird month. It was a major adjustment with my dog being diagnosed with diabetes. We have to get up before 7:30 every day in order to feed her and give her insulin. We need to test her glucose 2-3 times a day. We were going to go to South Africa this month and now we can't because we can't leave her, so we're trying to think of how we're going to visit SA! It's been a major life adjustment, which took some getting used to, but things are settling down as we get into a routine.

This month I've started volunteering at my church's cafe again. I hosted a table which I was quite nervous about, but I ended up really enjoying it! There were 4 Chinese students and 1 Japanese student at my table. It was so fascinating learning about their culture and also having the opportunity to speak to them about my relationship with Jesus. I had a great time! 

I've also started volunteering at my church's playgroup again which has been fun. 

I also turned 20 in February...which is crazy. I'm no longer a teenager?? I'm an actual adult?? I'm older than all the YA characters?? SEND HELP AS I SPIN INTO AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS. I had really good food on my birthday though and went book shopping! YAY!




I haven't managed to read much this month, unfortunately. It's just been so busy! I'm also excited to report that I've made a lot of progress on planning my novel this week. I've had this idea for awhile but haven't felt like working on it. However, this week I've been super keen! I managed to fill in character sheets for all the characters that are integral to the story, and I've managed to think of a few more plot ideas! YAY! I've also gotten back into art this week and have been sketching the characters from my book. 


 
The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #1)The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-BanksThe Beast PlayerEnchantéeWarcross (Warcross, #1)

The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow - ⭐.5 | The Disreputable History of Frank Landau-Banks - ⭐ | The Beast Player - ⭐ | Enchantée - ⭐ | Warcross - 

I read a good mix of books this month. I found 2 new favourites (looking at you, The Beast Player and Warcross) which I LOVED SO MUCH. The Beast Player was an amazing Japanese translated novel that was so unique and lovely. Warcross was freaking INCREDIBLE - that ending??? DEAD.


I really enjoyed The Disreputable History of Franki Landau-Banks. It was a fun, feminist novel. Frankie was such an interesting character and I loved the exploration of sexism in a rich boarding school setting. The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow was really cute and fun. Enchantee was quite boring and I nearly DNFed it. MEH.


American PandaIzzy + TristanRayne & Delilah's Midnite MatineeShatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)

THIS WILL BE THE MONTH I READ THE SHATTER ME SERIES. Defy Me comes out next month - so I need to prepare! 

I'm currently reading American Panda (I'm only a few pages in), so I hope I love it. Izzy + Tristan and Rayne & Delilah's Midnight Matinee comes out this month, so I need to get these arcs read! I'm super excited to read all of these! I'm also 2 books behind on my Goodreads challenge, so I better get reading...

What books are you planning on reading in March? Have you read any of these?