2019 Beat the Backlist TBR & Netgalley Challenge

I'm quite good at reading backlist books. In fact, I think I need to focus more on reading new releases! However, I still have SO MANY backlist books on my shelves that I desperately need to get to. This year I really want to focus on the backlist books that I own. I read a lot of library books and neglect my own books. Hopefully this will change in 2019!

There are maaaany books on my shelves that I want to read, but I will list the ten books I most want to get to this year. Of course, this list is subject to change!


I'm very excited to read this! I've loved the other two books in the series. I'm also super excited that it's a Sarah J. Maas book. I've only read one of her books, and I'm looking forward to reading more!

I've heard so many good things about this, and I believe it's right up my alley. It's science fiction with DNA, viruses and hacking. Sign me up!

I've heard so many amazing things about this. It's got hacking, sinister plots, glitches...all that fun stuff. I think I'm going to really enjoy this!

Marketed as The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park...um, yes!!!

I'm two books behind on Holly Bourne's YA novels...I need to get to them this year! This book sounds so good. I'm sure I'll love it.

I loveeed the first book. I'm kind of kicking myself for not marathoning the series, as I've forgotten what happened in the first book!



I loved the first book - I even reread it! I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

I enjoyed ACOTAR, but I wasn't a huge fan. I've heard very good things about the series - I need to read the rest of it!


This book sounds right up my alley. I'm sure I'll love it, so don't even ask me why I've put off reading it for so long!

I absolutely adored Wintersong, so I'm looking forward to reading the sequel!


I have quite a few Netgalley books I want to read. I'm going to aim for the bronze level - 10 books.

PhantomFrom Twinkle, with LoveWords in Deep BlueForest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1)InvictusThe Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1)Tess of the Road (Tess of the Road, #1)Blacklist (Beautiful Idols #2)One Pink LineThe Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1)

I have some fantastic titles here that I was fortunate enough to be sent! I'm hoping to get to them soon.

Are you participating in any of these challenges? Which backlist book are you going to make it a priority to get to this year?