Reading Habits and Readabits Book Tag!


I love book tags. I am rarely tagged in them, but that doesn't stop me doing them. Woah, rebel. Jenn, from Jenniely, has posted so many fun tags on her blog, that I thought I'd have to give some of them a go! 

If you're reading this, I tag you. Link your posts in the comments if you decide to do it! 

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I generally read in bed before I sleep. HOWEVER, I have this cute little white chair in the corner of my room, next to my bookshelf. In the afternoons, the sun hits it juuuuust right, and I have a cozy, warm reading spot. SCORE.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

I love bookmarks. Some people hoard clothes and shoes, I hoard bookmarks. I have paper ones and material ones, magnetic ones, Disney ones and fluffy ones...I LOVE BOOKMARKS. The funny thing is though, I don't use them as much as I should. I often lose them (by lose I mean sit on them) and then panic that I've lost my super cute bookmark. So a lot of the time I just use paper, or put the book down in a way that keeps my place (without bending the spine, of course, I'm not a monster).


3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?

I like to finish the chapter before I put a book down, otherwise I have no closure. You get me?

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

YES. Since last year I've become a coffee drinker (as soon as adulthood hit me, the need for coffee hit me). My preferred choice (not that anyone cares) is a mocha. Chocolate and coffee? Yes, please. If I'm not drinking a mocha, I'm drinking a cappuccino. If I'm not drinking those, I'm drinking water. 

As for eating while reading, I like eating chocolate whilst reading. My two favourite things combined = bliss.

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

I can't listen to music whilst reading - I'll start singing! If it's classical music/instrumental music, then I can manage it. As for TV...nope, I get distracted by it. Not a multitasker.

6. One book at a time or several at once?

I try to read one book at a time, but since getting into non-fiction, I'll have a fiction and non-fiction book going at the same time. Sometimes I'll also have modern day fiction, non-fiction and a classic. Naw, look at me read all the books. 

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

Everywherreee! I always carry a book with me. I'll read in a grocery shop if I'm in a long queue, when I'm waiting for someone, when I'm in the car (before the car sickness sets in loooool). 

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Silently in my head. Sometimes if I'm rereading, I'll read out my favourite quotes out loud and then coo over them. That's normal, right?

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

I WOULD NEVER. Even if I don't like a book I won't skip ahead! 

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

I feel severe disappointment in myself if I break the spine. One of my greatest accomplishments is not breaking the spine of my City of Heavenly Fire paperback. 

11. Do you write in your books?

I've written in some of my classic books that I have various copies of. I've seen people annotate their brand new books and it seems like an excellent way to enhance your reading experience, but...I just couldn't. 

Readabits Questions:

1. When do you find yourself reading?

I like reading in the afternoon/evening. I tend to go to a library or cafe in the afternoon and read for awhile, and I dedicate an hour before bed to reading each night! I like reading later on in the day. 

2. What is your best setting to read in?

In winter, by a fireplace. In summer, at the beach or a park!

3. What do you do first – Read or Watch?

I like to read a book without having been spoiled for it, so I tend to read first (if I can!). 

4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?

Physical book. Always.

I Love Reading Gilmore Girls GIF

5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?

Sadly not, I'm not that interesting. 

6. Do book series have to match?

In a perfect world, yes. However, a lot of my series don't match. Sad times. 

Are your answers similar? Do you have a unique habit when you read?