Naughty or Nice? Book Tag



No one tagging me but doing the tag anyway is my brand this year, it seems. I'm all for the book tags! Thank you to Jenniely for creating this wonderful tag!

1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it  
Verdict: Naughty
This is one of my blogging weaknesses. I'm very much a mood reader, and generally when I force myself to read a book I don't feel like reading, I don't enjoy it as much. I wouldn't want to give the book a bad rating just because of that! Hopefully I'll finally approve on this in 2019?!

2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
Verdict: Nice
I bet you thought I'd have less than 60%, but I don't. I have 61%! I JUST MADE THE CUT. 

3. Rated a book on goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
Verdict: Naughty
I'm really not sure...I think I probably have, but I'm not entirely sure if I have. 😬 For the most part, I'm good at reviewing on Goodreads! 

4. Folded down the page of a book
Verdict: Nice
Well, yes...but it was a book from a charity store that I was studying for English literature. So technically yes, but I feel like it should be no. Is that cheating?

5. Accidentally spilled on a book
Verdict: Naughty
YES. IT STILL HAUNTS ME OKAY. The sad thing is...it's happened more than once. I KNOW, I'M A TERRIBLE HUMAN, DON'T LOOK AT ME.

6. DNF a book this year
Verdict: Nice
I HAVEN'T!!! I really thought I did, but I didn't. I've actually had a really good reading year. There were around three books I regret not DNFing. Hopefully next year I can work on quitting that book when I'm just not feeling on it. 

7.Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Verdict: Nice
I...don't think I have, actually. Wow, and I thought my shallowness had no bounds. 

8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
Verdict: Naughty
Um, yes. For the most part, I'm really good at doing things when I'm supposed to be doing them...but there have been moments where that went out the window. The most recent moment is when I was reading Emma by Jane Austen when I was supposed to be planning my university open day. My open day didn't run as smoothly...because I hadn't planned like I should've. Whoopsies! 

9. Skim read a book
Verdict: Nice
I rarely ever skim read. The only time I'll skim read is when a book has violent/gory scenes, which is generally only a couple of paragraphs. I'll count it as nice. 

10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Verdict: Nice
NOPE. Sometimes, generally earlier on in the year, I'll adjust my reading goal but then I always meet it! YAY ME! 

11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
Verdict: Nice
I WOULD NEVER. I mean, I've been a couple of days late returning it (oops), but I've always returned them! 

12. Broke a book buying ban
Verdict: Naughty
Broke-a-book-buying-ban is my middle name. 

13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
Verdict: Nice
Nope. Since I started blogging (nearly 7 years ago - I'M OLD), I've had this self-imposed rule that I mustn't start a new book until I've finished a review for the previous book. That rule got a bit tiresome after awhile as I was reviewing every single book. Now I just review books I've been sent/books I neeeeed to rant/fangirl about! I also make notes as I read or just after which helps me. There have been times where I've planned to review a book and then completely forgot, then reread the book and wrote the review. But that doesn't count. 😉

14. Wrote in a book you were reading
Verdict: Nice
Yes, but again, it was for English literature! I couldn't bring myself to annotate my books like that!

15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Verdict: Naughty
If I saw this a few months ago, I would've scoffed and said "As if!". But then when I was Goodreadsing (that's a legit verb, right?) the Hush, Hush series one of the books wasn't in my Goodreads read shelf. DON'T ASK ME HOW. IT HAUNTS ME.

16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
Verdict: Nice
Again, I WOULD NEVER. 

17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
Verdict: Naughty
I dodge people at the best of times, especially if they want to borrow a book. People have asked me, but then I've just changed the subject like the pro I am and disappeared before they remembered what they wanted to ask in the first place. #genius

18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
Verdict: Naughty
NO. I have broken the spine of a library book before (I'M SORRY)...does that count? Guess so. 😔

19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
Verdict: Nice
Nope! I don't have a lot of hardcovers, so the chances of damaging a dust jacket is minimal haha! 

20. Sat on a book accidentally
Verdict: Naughty
When I was little I'd always get mad at my dad for not looking before he sat down and sitting on the toys I'd left strewn on the couch. Welp, it looks like I'm turning into my dad. I've sat on my books a lot (and ended up bending the cover in the process!). Oh, the tragedy.

Naughty: 9/20
Nice: 11/20

I'M NICE...but only just. 

I tag you reading this to do this tag! Link your posts down below!