Super chunky books on my bookshelf that I want to read during my gap year!



I love big books, but they're scary. They require dedication, patience and - if it's a high-fantasy you're reading - concentration. Personally, a lot of the time I put off reading thick books is due to the amount of dedication they require. Life can sometimes feel too busy to get invested in a really chunky book. HOWEVER, now that I'm on a gap year, I have time! I CAN READ THE CHUNKY BOOKS. Below are a few books that I really hope to get to in the next year!

I REALLY WANT TO READ THIS BOOK. After I saw the trailer for the movie and read what the book was about, I knew I needed to read it. I have a gorgeous edition just waiting for me to read it...this year, my friends, this year.

I LOVE CHARLES DICKENS. I read some of his short stories last Christmas; I fell completely in love with his writing. I'm slowly building up my Dickens collection, and one of the books that I have on my shelf of his is David Copperfield. It sounds amazing, and I'm pretty sure I'll love it. 

Yiiikes. That's a lot of pages. I really need to read this trilogy. It's basically the fantasy series to read, right? 


Another fantasy book that everyone says I must read. I haven't read much of high fantasy, but it's a genre I've always wanted to get into reading. Again, this book is sitting on my shelf just waiting for me. Maybe 2019 will be the year for all the high-fantasy books I've been meaning to read??

I'm not sure if I even want to read this trilogy after hearing about some of the things in the book. However, I really enjoyed the first book and apparently the second one is better (according to some). I have had the first 3 books on my shelf for awhile (story of my life), so hopefully this year they will FINALLY BE READ. 


Holy smokes, I did not realise this book was practically 700 pages. Cassandra Clare's books are super fun and entertaining though, so I just know I'll fly through it. Nevertheless, 700 PAGES. 

Image result for slightly panicked gif

7. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson - 647 pages
I've read a couple of Brandon Sanderson books now, and I've loved all of them. I've heard endless good things about this series. Maybe as soon as I've acquired the following books I'll binge read them? Like I said, 2019 is shaping up to be the year for purely fantasy reading! 

These are some of the books I hope to get to in my gap year! Have you read any of these? What did you think? What big book would you like to read in the next year?