What I've Been Reading #30 - JANE AUSTEN




I hope you guys are doing well! 

I'm feeling much better, mentally and physically, which I'm so grateful for. 

This past week has been good. I've spent the week listening to Emma by Jane Austen and LOVING IT. You know those books that you can seriously escape into and everything feels so much better because of that book? That's exactly how I feel with Emma! I love it so much! I've also found that by reading it I've expanded my vocabulary quite a lot which is awesome. I've made a list of the words I've learned in my reading of Emma. I can't remember most of them, but I'd like to try to haha!


I'm going to read some study guides on it and analyse it a bit, which I'm really looking forward to. I've noticed this past year, I have a desire to reread a book right after reading it, so that I can look at foreshadowing/metaphors/subtle characterisation etc. Maybe I should study English literature at university! 


I read  book this week: 
🍂If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout - ⭐⭐.5

IT WAS SO GOOD. I don't have a picture of it, sadly, as I've already returned it to the library. I LOVED THIS BOOK. The characters were so real, the writing was simple yet emotional, the premise was heartbreaking and profound...AND THE ROMANCE?! THE ROMANCE WAS THE CUTEST THING EVER. I'm basically in love with Sebastian. 

🍂 Emma by Jane Austen
🍂 Caraval by Stephanie Garber

I LOVE JANE AUSTEN. I'm so happy that I'm enjoying reading Emma. It's so amazing and I'm a tad obsessed with it.


I'm currently reading Caraval for my book club (which is this week and I still haven't finished it - oops)...but I'm not really liking it. I thought it was going to BLOW! MY! MIND!...but it hasn't. I am only 100 pages in though, so fingers crossed I'll love it by the end of the book! 


Probably The Secret Deep!