BOOKTUBEATHON 2018 TBR!


If I recall correctly, I participated in this last year and failed miserably. Let's hope I do better this year! I haven't got much planned for the week of the booktubeathon, so hopefully I'll get a lot of reading done!

In an ideal world, I'll be able to complete all the reading challenges. But seeing as one of the challenges is to read 7 books, and seeing as most of the books I've chosen aren't exactly thin, I might not be able to get through all 7 books. But I overestimate myself  am optimistic and will TRY MY BEST. It can't go any worse than last year, right?

The reading challenges (and the books I've chosen) for this year are:
1. Let a coin toss decide your first read
The two books I chose for this challenge were Freshers and The Sleeping Prince. I was hoping for Freshers (it's summer - contemporary time!)...and I GOT FRESHERS. Happy, happy days.

2. Read about something you want to do
I thought this was going to be super hard, but as soon I looked at my bookshelf I knew which book I was going to choose:  Every Hidden Thing. I believe the protagonist and her father are archaeologists. When I was 10, that was my dream career.

3. Read and watch a book to movie adaptation 
I was looking at my bookshelf and thought "Nooo, I have no idea....oh, wait. *happy cackling*". Two weeks ago I purchased The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I've read two of his books, and now I want to read ALL HIS BOOKS. I also watched the trailer for The Last Song and it reminded me how much I loved it when I first saw it. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE BOOK.

4. Read a book with green on the cover
For this I've chosen Graceling. I'm not sure if I'll read it though, as after reading some reviews I don't think I'm going to like the protagonist much...If I don't go with Graceling, I'll read The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson.

5. Read a book while reading the same hat the whole time
For this challenge, I've decided to read Fire, the sequel to Graceling. However, that is subject to change, depending on whether or not I read Graceling. And for the hat...I'll wear my South African Springboks rugby cap. It's supposed to be hot later this week, so I'll be needing it!

6. Read a book with a beautiful spine
For this I've chosen The Last Namsara. ALL THAT GOLD = MUCH PRETTY.


7. Read 7 books 
The seventh book I've chosen is Song of the Current because pirates. Nothing screams summer like some swashbuckling on open seas.


AH, SO EXCITING. ALL THE READING SHALL BE DONE. YAS. 


What books are you planning on reading this week? Have you read any of these?