What I've Been Reading #20


Hello, everybody! 

I hope you're all doing well!

I'm doing good. I finished my volunteering this past Saturday and I'm quite sad it's over! I really loved working in the library. It was incredible seeing how much kids love reading, it was awesome chatting with the parents and kids and I loved meeting the other volunteers. I would probably never have met them otherwise and it's been so great getting to know so many different, interesting people! One of the parents I met actually had a South African wife and homeschooled their kids and they lived two minutes from our place in South Africa - small world, right?

I've barely read anything this month as I'm trying to get into a routine with school and I think by the end of the month I'll be in quite a steady routine and then I can start focusing on my blogging and reading routine! 

I'm also finally attending my library's young adult book club this week. We'll be discussing And I Darken - one of my favourite books ever - AND I'M SO EXCITED. I'm also meant to be starting ballet this Wednesday officially but I'm not sure how I'll be able to get there. Hopefully, I can organise a lift! 

I also ate a heck of a lot of sugary things last year, so I'm going to seriously try to get back into healthy eating this week. I also haven't worked out in ages because I've been sick and I'm still not feeling 100%. Here's to hoping that I feel completely like my old self by the end of the week so I can get back into the swing of things shortly!

Truly Madly Awkward

Truly Madly Awkward by Beth Garrod - ⭐.5

I only read one book last week but I absolutely loved it! I find that there aren't a lot of truly light-hearted, humorous YA books around so it was incredibly refreshing reading such a fun book! Sometimes we need a break from all the dark, heartbreaking books! 

If you want to read the rest of my thoughts, here is my review. 

13 Journeys Through Space and Time: Christmas Lectures from the Royal InstitutionA Dangerous Year (Riley Collins, #1)Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Woah, I can't believe I'm reading three books at once. WHO EVEN AM I?! I'm reading 13 Journeys Through Space and Time, which is a nonfiction book featuring summarised versions of the Christmas lectures that took place at the The Royal Institution. It's about stars, planets, time and all that fun stuff! I'm enjoying it because it doesn't hurt my brain reading it (always a plus) but then again, I wish they would explain a bit more why some of the stuff happens, instead of just general statements about the stuff that happens in the universe. It's still a pretty neat book, though.

I'm also one chapter into A Dangerous Year by Kes Trester and I'm hoping I'll enjoy it! I can't give much thought on it quite yet as I'm not very far into it. Fingers crossed I'll love it.

I was reading Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews but I've decided to DNF it after 27 pages. It's crude, there's bad language and there's a disgusting statement about church-going kids that I took serious offence to. It's such a pity as I was really looking forward to reading this.

Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1)I Capture the Castle

I'm SO excited to read these two!!! I feel like now - since it's getting colder - is the perfect time to snuggle up in bed with a fantasy book and a historical fiction novel. These two sound so amazing and I'm so excited to read them!

What books did you read last week, what are you currently reading and what is next on your TBR?