Thursday, 12 November 2015

NaNoWriMo Update: Week 1! + Snippets!


Guys, I'm writing a book! I'm also pretty sure this is the furthest I've ever gotten in any WIP ever. I generally write the first few pages and then...nothing. Because I never used to plan, I just sat down and I thought I'd be able to write a book but this time, I planned quite a bit of my novel beforehand. I knew what my characters' goals were, I knew how their story was going to start and I knew how their story was going to end. So I began writing! 

At first it was easy, I always find a novel easy to start and then it gets more difficult and I start questioning my sanity for trying to write a novel. However, this time I am determined to stick with it.

The first week of NaNoWriMo went very well, I managed to rake up 18,138 words which I'm quite proud of! And I found the novel to be going smoothly. However, it's week 2 and I'll admit it: I'm slightly stuck. My story is halfway through but I'm not happy with how the friendship/romance thing is going nor the recovery process for both characters (each recovering from the loss of a loved one) and UGH IT'S JUST SO COMPLICATED. I'm hoping that everything will start working out shortly and I'm looking at extending the word count. I think I'll aim for around 60 000 - 70 000 because I don't think 50 000 words will be enough for all the words I have to say.

Here are some snippets from my book, if you want to read them!

Caleb is the love interest and Haylie is my protagonist! 



***

***
***

How is your NaNoWriMo going? Are you happy with how your novel is going? Do you think you'll have it finished by the time you've reached 50K? LET ME KNOW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x