Stacking the Shelves #81 - Oops I broke my book buying ban but NO REGRETS.


I  GOT BOOKS. I was kind of on a book buying ban because I have like, a billion books to read on my Kindle (slight exaggeration) that I need to review so I shouldn't have but in my defense, half of them were school. Even though I could have gotten them for cheap on my Kindle but I like physical books better, ya know? And I got the most gorgeous copy of Wuthering Heights! SO YAY.

ALSO I'M SUPER EXCITED BECAUSE TOMORROW I'M SEEING MY FAVORITE AUTHOR DEREK LANDY AND I'M HOPING TO GET MY BOOKS SIGNED AND WE'RE BEST FRIENDS OKAY EVEN IF HE DOESN'T KNOW I EXIST YASSS. (I mean that in the least creepy, stalkerish way possible.)

Books I Bought:


  • I'm supposed to read Great Expectations or Emma or Wuthering Heights for school, so I want to read these three this month or next month and decide which one I enjoy the most to study for English! 
  • I got Red Rising for only £1.50, I LOVE YOU ENGLAND.
  • I bought An Ember in the Ashes before we'd moved to England (I had it delivered to a friend to keep for me) and I forgot to include it in my last Stacking the Shelves. It's literally so pretty.
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Hardcover. £1.70. WHAT IS THIS LIFE.

Also, look how pretty my copy of Wuthering Heights is. I KNOW RIGHT.

Books I Received from Netgalley/Edelweiss:
I shouldn't have but JUST LOOK AT THEM.
UnderwaterThese Shallow GravesNever Never

I've already read one of these (Underwater) and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! I really want to share my review with you guys but I can only publish it in March, a month before the release date. All you guys need to know is that's about a girl trying to recover from post traumatic stress syndrome after a school shooting AND getting a boyfriend doesn't help her magically recover from a mental illness! YAY! You should totally go request this on Netgalley because it's serioussllyyy good.

I might read These Shallow Graves next, I'm not sure, go vote for my next read over here because I suck at decision making. 

I was super excited to read Never Never but not many people have liked it and this makes me saddd because I really want to love it! Have you read it? Do you plan on reading it?

Tell me! Which books did you get this week/month? Have you read any of these and did you like them? Also: do you like reading classics?