Saturday, 4 April 2015

Stacking the Shelves #78 - The "Oops I accidentally bought all the books & now my purse is crying" edition

Stacking the Shelves

So, I kinda went a bit crazy this week. I know I shouldn't have but they were so cheap! How could I not?! I also got a LOT of review copies this week, so at least I now know that I won't be short of books in the holidays!

Books I bought:

I ALSO bought these two:


THEY LOOK SO, SO GOOD! I was going to buy them the day I bought the other books but I had to think about it and then I was like, I siriusly want these books and then after the orthodontist my parents took me to the bookstore and I GOT THEM! I was so scared they were going to be gone because it's a second-hand bookshop, so there's not multiple copies of the books but I GOT THEM AND I'M SO HAPPPYYYY!

I got these physical copies to review (THANK YOU PAN MACMILLAN!):

These are from Netgalley and they look SO FREAKING GOOD:
'89 WallsJoe All AloneThe Mermaid's SisterFinding AudreyThe Nowhere EmporiumAflameBoywatchingLife, Love, & LemonsNeverlandTruckers: The First Book of the Nomes

And I got this from Edelweiss:
My Diary from the Edge of the World

And my friend, Kristin from Simply Bookish Things, came over the other night and we built a book tower at midnight. Because that's obviously what any normal person does. No? Just us then, I guess.



We tried being professional photographers. I don't think we succeeded but at least it was FUN!

So this is my incredibly large book haul! 

What books did you get this week? Have you read any of these and did you enjoy them? Are there any of these books that are on your TBR pile? Let me know and leave your links below!

17 comments:

  1. I'd really like to read "The Mermaid's Sister" but I'm waiting for print copies to be available through my library. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally think you succeeded! I love the book towers! Great haul! Don't feel bad, my purse is always crying. Going crazy once in a while feels good...right? Enjoy your new books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul! I see so many books that I want to read! And I love the book tower ;)

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope that you love all of them. Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome bookish tower! I'd be too afraid that they would fall and would get all dented!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you did get a lot this week! I don't see any that I've read in there, but I hope you enjoy everything you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tower. :D The Jewel has such a pretty cover!


    Happy reading.☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I definitely need to hurry up and buy a copy of The Jewel because it sounds so amazing. I've wanted to read it for the longest time! I'll be looking forward to your review. Enjoy!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG ALL THE BOOKS. How are you going to read them all? HAHA.


    I see some that look amazing, like Mind Games and The Series of Unfortnate Events ones! Great haul and *claps* for the book Tower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great books! that's so exciting. I really look forward to reading Finding audrey with you :D


    Happy reading Kyra!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, our photography 'skills' are so professional, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. To know a way to write AN essay 1st and foremost you ought to establish the kind of australia essay writing you're near to write. after we bring up the essay varieties, in most cases we have a tendency to upset the following: "For and Against" Essays, Opinion Essays, Providing Solutions to issues and Letters to the Editor. tho' every style of AN essay has its own vogue and writing technique, at identical time all of them have ample common options and one writing theme. Before obtaining began to write your piece of writing, study the most important options of essay varieties expressive style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU GOT ROGUE WAVE, YOU GOT ROGUE WAVE! I'm so jealous right now! I hope you love it and it's as great as Deep Blue! Tell me what you thought of it as soon as you're done!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I AM LITERALLY FREAKING OUT OVER AAALL THE THINGS. THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. *admires your tower* Also: Lemony Snicket. Also, I need, like all of those eARCs and I'm off to goodreads to click ON THEM ALL. Gah, because I have no control when it comes to adding books to-read. ;-) But afjdklafds Neverland. I WANT. XD I hope these are as fabulous as they look!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh! Is that Silence from the Hush Hush saga? I remember being obsessed with that a few years ago. I need to reread them soon.
    Some of those books look so beautiful. Especially Neverland. And the Mermaid's Sister. And also Job all Alone. Okay I love them all ^_^
    Book towers are the best. I want to live in a castle of books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wallet may be crying but OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. SO MANY NEW PRETTIES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh it looks like you had an excellent week in books! Look at all those pretties xD I hope you enjoy Mind Games, Kyra!


    Have a lovely week <33

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x