Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #25 - Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Read but Didn't Get to


My first TTT post for the new year! Yay! How has your new year been so far? 

There were (sadly) a lot of 2014 books that I didn't get to but I'm hoping that I'll be able to read them this year! 

Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Read but Didn't Get to:
Since You've Been GoneTo All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)The Bane Chronicles (The Bane Chronicles)

1) Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I've heard ENDLESS good things about this book and I adore contemporary novels so I really want to try to buy this and read it sometime soon!

2) To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I LOVED Jenny Han's summer trilogy and I've heard great things about this so I'm looking forward to reading it!

3) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. I bought this with a gift card and I still haven't read it yet. I loved Anna and Lola and I tried reading this but I wasn't in the mood - I'll have to pick it up again shortly!

4) Cress by Marissa Meyer. I was lucky enough to get this to review and I'm hoping to read it in the next few months, as well as Scarlet!

5) City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. My parents bought me this last year and I was planning on reading it this holiday as I don't really have time to read thick books when it's school time but then I started marathoning Skulduggery Pleasant. I shall be reading this very soon though!

6) Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I'm currently reading Days of Blood and Starlight which I couldn't really get into but which now I'm immensely enjoying. I hope to find this at my library shortly so that I can read it whilst details from the second book are still fresh in my mind. 

7) The Winner's Curse - Marie Rutkoski. I want to read this book so bad but I can't find a copy at my bookstores. -.-

8) Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. This is a Beauty and the Beast retelling, I believe? I love retellings and this looks SO GOOD, so I'm really looking forward to reading it once I get my hands on a copy.

9) The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. I got this to review and I'm really looking forward to reading it as it sounds really good and a fantasy that I'd really enjoy!

10) The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson. I LOVE Magnus and after reading Cait's fabulous review I definitely want to try to buy and read this soon!

Those are the top ten books I didn't get to read in 2014 (but which I really wanted to)!

What are yours? 



9 comments:

  1. Oh, wait...I really wanted to read Since You've Been Gone, mostly because it's gotten so much praise from so many people. I saw Jenny Han twice last year, yet I still haven't read To All the Boys I've Loved Before. I meant to! I loved The Iron Trial and CoHF was a very satisfying ending to the Mortal Instruments series. I've read a few of the Bane Chronicles stories, but I still need to finish them all. I think I'm one of the very few people who was not that impressed with The Winner's Curse and Cruel Beauty. Good luck getting to these in 2015!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I went in full fangirl mode when I saw Cress and Cruel Beauty on your list. I don't want to be too pushy, but do yourself a favor and CHANGE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE :D They are both really good :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhh you NEED to read Cress and The Winner's Curse!! City of Heavenly Fire is such a great series ender. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've missed out on some interesting reads! I also missed out on Dreams of Gods and Monsters - mostly because I don't want it to end!

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, I need to read Cress as well! It's been like 1.5 years since I read Scarlet so now I'm really worried that I won't remember anything when I start reading it :| I absolutely loved Since You've Been Gone and Cruel Beauty! I hope you get to those ones soon, hun xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS LIST! The first four I think I have featured on my favorites-lists. THEY WERE SO GOOD. I need to read The Winner's Curse too although to be honest, this TTT-week has given me courage. It seems like I am not the only one who hasn't read that book anymore :D


    I hope you'll fall in love with all of these books! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great books on your list, I loved Since You've Been Gone and The Winner's Curse, I read them recently and would strongly encourage you to do the same, althought the ending to The WInner's Curse was killer, luckily the second book is out soon. As for Cress and Dreams of Gods and Monsters I would recommend you try and get your hands on them they were awesome reads. I am dying to read Cruel Beauty, I'm a huge fan of retellings, maybe this year will be the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many of the books on this list I also have not read. BUT the ones I have read are AMAZING. Cress, Dreams of Gods and Monsters, The Winner's Curse, and Cruel Beauty all got 4.5 or higher from me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I THOUGHT I COMMENTED BUUT OMG, KYRA! YOU NEED TO ALL THE BOYS. YOU NEED TO MEET PETER K. ASAP

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x