Saturday, 5 April 2014

Stacking the Shelves #59: The Kyra-went-mad-requesting-and-buying-books-edition!


Stacking the Shelves

Hi guys! As you may have noticed that I haven't been blogging lately and I apologise for that but my computer has been going haywire and I can't really blog from my phone, but it is fixed now! YAY!

I have...quite a lot of books to showcase and I don't think I'm going to link them all up, you can see the titles so you can check it out on Goodreads. I know, I'm also ashamed of my laziness. 
 

ANYWAY. HERE IS MY LONG OVER DUE BOOK HAUL!

Books to Review:

I got two copies of This Star Won't Go Out, I was really excited to read it but when I was flicking through and Esther was talking about all the blood tests and her symptoms, it really upset me and I'm kind of a hypochondriac, so I started stressing about cancer. It's really stupid of me, but I just get really affected by that kind of stuff. So I will probably be choosing two winners for the giveaway I will be holding! :)

I'm really excited for Banished, as I've heard amazing things about it, as well as Horizon, as I loved the first book! Dandelion Clocks I read in one sitting and it was AMAZING, you can read my review here.

Books I Bought/Received:

To these books...

Yes, yes I do indeed love these books! I was on a book-buying ban and I haven't actually bought books in awhile. So I binge book bought. Typical.


Anywhoo, I am just SO EXCITED to read these!!! Especially The Dead and the Gone (second Life as We Knew It book by Susan Pfeffer. One of my all-time favourite books!) and Tiger Lily! I was supposed to be sent Tiger Lily to review last month but I never received it nor got an email about it so I didn't think I would've seen it in my post box anytime soon...so I bought it! And it was really cheap, so absolutely stoked as I've been wanting to read it FOREVER. Okay, well, not forever but since it came out.


Thank you to my friend Krisi for buying me Liesl & Po, Tiger Lily and Article 5 which I forgot to include -.-

Byeee! :D

More Pictures! You're welcome ;)
 


21 comments:

  1. I bought the first instalment of The Soul Eaters last summer, but I still haven't gotten around it, and the same thing with Slated! The both seems so intriguing but I don't know why I always choose something else to read. :D Great haul! Enjoy your books and have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm exactly the same! :D

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I know that hypochondriac feeling. I've been struggling with it for years, and I've had to skip a few books because of it. Hope you've managed to dismiss the nagging thoughts about it now!

    Looks like a good haul, anyway. Have a good week, and enjoy the books!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's horrible! -.-

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Okay, wow indeed, that's a bigger than I've got this time. I almost picked up two of the Soul Seekers books this week when I was scanning my local store, but put off getting them because I haven't read my copy of the first one and don't want to spend money on books that I'm going to have to wait to catch up to. There are so many others I want to get first, like City Of Heavenly Fire...anyway, awesome collection.

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soul Seekers is really good! :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul, so many great books! Banished is amazing, just started it but already know it's in my top books of the year! And Malory Towers, been a long time since I saw those books! Enjoy your new books and happy reading :)

    Here's my Haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read Banished, I've heard it's really good!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. I need to read This Star Won't Go Out ASAP, it's been sitting on my shelf! Enjoy!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked Slated, I hope you do.
    Glad your computer is fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing haul! Can't wait for the giveaway :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. great stack of books. You've got a lot of books this week or month. I'm glad your computer is fixed. It's the worst feeling in the world when you have computer issues.

    Grace's

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so anxious to read This Star Won't Go Out. Great haul, I hope you enjoy reading them all :) My STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Look at your awesome stack of book! Enjoy them all

    OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, awesome haul! I haven't bought any physical books lately. I'm trying to save some bucks. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Tiger Lily to read as well!! I just...gah, I've owned it for a while but I never seem to get around to picking it up! I MUST fix that. x) Yay for getting your computer fixed! That's awesome. My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Slated, yay! Really enjoyed it, I had a copy of Shattered in the mail for review, but will probably give it away since I haven't got time to reread the first two before it (and I'd have to, since I'm so bad at remembering) There's nothing wrong with binge buying except for all the money goes poof! It's magic. ;)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Dead and the Gone is really good! Great haul! Love all your gifs.
    Check out my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went on a book buying craze too! I'm ashamed of myself. Think I'll have to ban myself for a while... maybe. I read Slated a while ago, it was seriously good. Not like your usual Dystopia types because it's set in England and stuff. I need to read the rest of the series! I'm Stacking My Shelves with books you might not have heard of...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books for you this week! I typically do a lot of binge buying too. I hope you enjoy your new books!
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/stacking-shelves.html
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great haul! If I try to put myself on a book buying ban I usually end up caving and having a big binge buy too lol. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x