Sunday, 5 January 2014

Stacking the Shelves #56




Stacking the Shelves

Hi guys! I hope you all had a FANTASTIC Christmas! I didn't get as many books as I'd hoped for Christmas (as my parents refuse to buy me any books due to my TBR pile that has taken over my room...and the garage) but I am happy with the three that I did get!

Gifted:
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Pride and Prejudice (Modern Library Classics)Jane Eyre

I'm really excited for Scarlet, I absolutely adored Cinder and when I received Scarlet from my aunt I was absolutely ECSTATIC! I'm also really glad I got these two classics as I've been wanting to read them for awhile!

Bought:
Mystic City (Mystic City, #1)Chime

I have been wanting to read Mystic City, since I first heard of it when it was first released. When I saw this for such a good price I was ecstatic and immediately bought it! Will be reading this very soon! I also bought Chime, it's one of my new favourites and I absolutely loved it! Since I got my copy for the library, I thought it would be nice to get myself a copy and what a bargain it was! Only R18, which is equivalent to $1.70 in US dollars, so I got it for a great bargain! 
To Review:
We Were Liars

I'm super-DUPER excited for this book! I have heard great things about it and I just can't wait to read it!



14 comments:

  1. Great assortment of books. I loved Scarlet when I read it for review and just bought a copy for my Kindle. I have a copy of Chime on my TBR mountain. I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! You must read it soon! :)

      Thanks for stopping by my blog! <3

      Delete
  2. Scarlet was such a good book and I can't wait to read Cress. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to read Scarlet, it looks fantastic!

      Thanks for stopping by my blog! <3

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed Mystic City and the cover is gorgeous. Enjoy! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear! Mystic City does look really good and I love the cover!

      Thanks for stopping by my blog! <3 :)

      Delete
  4. Scarlet and Mystic City sound great. Enjoy your reads!

    Take a look at what's In My Mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Will have to read them soon :D

      Thanks for stopping by my blog! <3

      Delete
  5. Ooh what a great haul! My parents didn't want to get me books for Christmas either since my TBR pile is huge, but they surprised me with getting books for my birthday (which is near Christmas) :D It's so excting to get surprise books!

    I need to read Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice soon! I've been meaning to read them for so long. I hope you enjoy them and your other books. Scarlet is fantastic :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh nice! I hope I get surprise books for my birthday ;D

      Thanks for stopping by, Zoe! :D <3

      Delete
  6. Great haul. I have Scarlet but of course I haven gotten to it, to many books so little time *sigh* . Happy reading.
    Check out My STS

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! :P

      Thanks for stopping by my blog! <3

      Delete
  7. Awesome haul! I really want to read the Lunar Chronicles, Mystic City, and We Were Liars.

    Thanks for dropping by my StS! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got Scarlet, too! I haven't read Cinder yet, but I'm planning too soon :) And I'm suuuper excited for We Were Liars! I've heard such good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x