Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #14


 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: The Chaos of Stars
Author: Kiersten White
Publication: September 10th 2013
The Chaos of Stars
Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.
Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.
Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.
The Chaos of Stars looks AMAZING! Not only does it have a gorgeous cover but it looks fantastic too!  I absolutely love books to do with Egyptian mythology! :D 

12 comments:

  1. I want to read this too! I've never read a book about Egyptian mythology, but I'm pretty sure I'll love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love White's writing so much and haven't read a lot with an Egyptian background so I think this will be really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is GORGEOUS!!! If I had a physical copy of that book I think I'd probably spend more time staring at it than reading it ;) I haven't heard of this before so thanks for sharing. I hope you get to read it soon, Kyra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for this one, too. I love that it ties in Egyptian mythology. And, for real, that cover is so freaking amazing. It's so pretty. Great pick!
    New follower via GFC. I'd love it you'd follow me back.
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound really good! I'm going to go add it on Goodreads. I'm a new GFC follower.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pick!!! I'm really excited for this as well! It sounds awesome!!!! :)

    My WoW

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! I can't wait for this either : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like an amazing book, but I've read some bad reviews, so I am kind of sacred! Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this a bunch of different places and it's totally not my normal type of book, but I think it sounds so intriguing that I am actually excited for it now. Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that this one has Egyptian mythology! Super awesome. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x