Friday, 22 February 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #7

8474595901 873f4993f4 Feature & Follow #137

This Week's Question:
We always talk about books that WE want. Let's turn it on its head. What books have you given other people lately?
I don't actually give a lot of books as presents, or give books away, as most of my friends don't enjoy reading. Although for Christmas I gave my dad The Hobbit and a few months back I gifted my giveaway winner with a pre-ordered copy of Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout! :D I also recently lent my friend a copy of Clockwork Angel as I adored it! :D I don't think she's read it yet though...:) I also gave away about 30-40 middle-grade books to charity as I was clearing out my book shelf! :)
What books have you gifted people with lately? 
Leave me a comment saying hi and I'll stop by your blog and follow! I love making new bookish friends, and you can always find me on Twitter an on Email if you want to fan-girl about books with me! :D


*You can follow me via GFC, Twitter, Goodreads or RSS :)* 

14 comments:

  1. Wow! 30-40 books is amazing! Thanks for stopping by my ff, I followed back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Clockwork, I know what you mean I don't have aton of readers in my family. My kids read children's books, so no adults read Y.A. like me:( feeling the pain. Thanks for stopping by my blog old follower too. Have a great weekend

    Krista@KristaReads

    My
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the thing, even if I give a book to my friend, I'm pretty sure she'll never read it, so I go with gift card. It's much safer.

    New Follower!

    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sucks when your friends don't love reading as much as you do
    I'm glad you donated that many books
    thnks for visiting my blog
    new follower
    RUTY@MYFF@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my post. :)

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your generousity. Thanks for stopping by earlier. I followed you back. Have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Follower! Stop by mine too

    www.demonloversbooksandmore.com

    www.gotfiction.com

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, I give to charity as well. It's good Karma, just imagine someone throwing a book in a garbage bin, so sad. New follower via GFC :)

    Here is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's cool. I like to give my books to charity, too. Thanks for stopping by the blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think not having people around us who love to read is one of the reasons we take to blogging about books. I usually don't give books as gifts to anyone but my husband because it's too hard to know if they have already read the book or if they are interested in it.

    I'm a new follower and a new blogger.

    Here is my Feature
    & Follow Friday
    Post.

    Lisa @ I'll Tumble For
    YA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chelsea Spencer25 March 2013 at 16:10

    I love giving books as presents when I can, but unfortunately I do have some non-reading friends. Happy Friday!

    Follow That Penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice of you to give Clockwork Angel to someone, but I'd never do it :D The cover is too pretty and shiny and clean and I wouldn't want anyone spilling their coffee on it (I speak from experience).
    And The Hobbit was a great book, but I'd only given it to my sister and now it's missing! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally have the same problem as you have, not many people I hang out with like to read - thank goodness for the internet!

    Old follower stopping by to wish you a wonderful weekend :) Here's my FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x