Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Teaser Tuesday #3

Teaser Tuesday #3 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly book meme that is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The Chimney Corner Collection - Enid Blyton
He skipped all the way home - and there sitting on his garden gate, was his friend the thrush. You can guess that Hoppety gave her a fine meal of crumbs and told her all about how frightened and angry the goblin was.
I'm really enjoying this book, it reminds me of when I was smaller and I used to just emerge myself in her books!
page, 421

11 comments:

  1. I have never read anything by Enid Blyton. I missed her when I was a child. My teasers are from The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross and The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST read some of her books they are really lovely! Your teasers are great! ;)

      Delete
  2. An interesting teaser.

    http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children's book, or just child like in feel?

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children's book :) awesome teaser! Well done for publishing you first book thats awesome!

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh!!!! Enid Blyton!!! I absolutely LOVED her when I was little! I read LOADS of her books - she was my most favourite author for ages! Ah, your teaser brings back memories...
    I still have a whole shelf full of her books and loads more in boxes in the loft!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know same! I can't bring myself to give away her books! I love them so much!

      Delete
  5. GREAT post! I haven't heard of this author before, but it looks like she's written quite a few books. I'll have to get a few for my granddaughter.
    My teaser is from Each Angel Burns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm sure your granddaughter would love Enid's books! She is an author from the 1900's, she's sadly passed away now but I don't think anyone will EVER forget her! ;)

      Delete
  6. Great teaser. Sounds childlike and fun! View mine at lkhill.blogspot.com and musingsonfantasia.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x