February Wrap-Up and March TBR!


Hiii! 🌞

Wow, it's been so long since I blogged (almost five months?!). I think that's probably the longest I've ever gone without blogging in the eight years I've been blogging.

Where have I been? Nowhere that interesting. As much as I'd like to say I discovered the need to find myself and went trekking around Africa for some much needed soul-seeking or something equally as exciting...I didn't. I've been doing mundane things and I've kind of pushed blogging aside. I also was in a Super Bad reading slump and I didn't finish a book for the whole of January. And January's a long month. I was also in the middle of several books and I had forgotten a lot of what happened lol, so I was kind of intimidated to get back into them because I didn't want to feel super lost, you feel?

I also had to write my Life in the UK test in February, so I had to learn about history, the government, British sportspeople, artists, musicians, and various other things. IT WAS A LOT TO LEARN. But I passed, yay!!! 

I also turned TWENTY-ONE. I'm a proper grownup now, apparently. I had a really nice birthday and celebrated with my friends and parents. There was cake! Books! More cake! It was a GOOD DAY.

  Anyway, I want to get back into blogging again. I've missed it. I've read some really good books lately and I'm super amped to ramble about them on the internet again. 

Short little life update aside, onto the blog post!

Astroquizzical: A Curious Journey Through Our Cosmic Family TreeLife in the UK Test: Handbook 2019: Everything you need to study for the British citizenship testThe Case for Faith: A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to ChristianityPeril in Paris (Taylor & Rose: Secret Agents, #1)The Time of Green MagicCatch Your Death (Ruby Redfort, #3)Spinning SilverThe Skylarks’ WarTake Your Last Breath (Ruby Redfort #2)How to Adult

Astroquizzical - ⭐ | Life in the UK Handbook (is it cheating to include this? I don't know, but I'm counting it!) - ⭐ | The Case for Faith - ⭐ | Peril in Paris - ⭐.5 | The Time of Green Magic - ⭐ | Catch Your Death - ⭐ | Spinning Silver - ⭐.5 | The Skylarks' War - ⭐ | Take Your Breath - ⭐.5 | How to Adult - 

I read a little bit of everything last month. Adult, children's, and YA fiction as well as non-fiction. I've been reading a lot more nonfiction in recent months but I'm kind of over it now. Perhaps that was contributing to my slump? Not sure, but I kind of just want to lose myself in fantasy and historical fiction at the moment.


My favourite book of the month? Definitely The Skylarks' War. It was utterly perfect, from the lovable, flawed characters to the gut-wrenching emotion it evoked. I adored it. I also really enjoyed Peril in Paris and the Ruby Redfort books. I actually really enjoy mystery books, but I have to stick to children's fiction mystery because there's no murder and gore and I can actually sleep at night after reading it!! WIN-WIN!

I also finally read Spinning Silver and I really loved it. I was worried I was going to have a similar reading experience to when I read Uprooted by Naomi Novik, where I started out LOVING IT and then finishing it feeling slightly disappointed and unimpressed. But nope, I loved it more at the end than I did at the beginning - YAYAY!









These are just a few of the books I'm hoping to read this month! I've already finished A Heart So Fierce and Broken and ASDFHGHKL IT WAS AMAZING!!! I had so many feelings and I wanted it to never end. I need the sequel but it's only coming out next year. Excuse me while I cry.

I'm also planning on finishing the Ruby Redfort series! I realised that if I don't binge read a series I'll never finish it. I kind of have an all or nothing mentality when it comes to...most things actually (it's one of my flaws but I'll work on it!!) so I'm going to finish that this month. Exciting!!

What did you guys read in February? What are you planning to read in March? It's been so long (too long) - let's chat!!