How many books did I read from my winter TBR pile?


If you've been on this blog for even half a second, you'll know I LOVE making TBR piles...but rarely do I ever stick to them. Every month I make a TBR pile, but I get most excited for the seasonal TBR piles I compile!! SUCH FUN. 

This past winter, I compiled a list of the books I was hoping to read from December through February. I thought it would be interesting to see how many books from my winter TBR pile I actually read...

WELL. I didn't completely fail. THIS IS NEW AND I AM MUCHLY PLEASED WITH MYSELF.

I had 4 different genres of books I was hoping to read, with several books in each genre. The first batch was the science fiction collection. Lately I've been loving sci-fi, so hit me up with your recommendations! 

Sci-Fi Collection:

Light Years was PHENOMENAL. I read it in pretty much one sitting. There was drama, action, romance, plot twists... I LOVED it. You can read my fangirly review here, if you want.

LIFEL1K3 
Two ticks already, not doing too shabby. I loved LIFEL1K3. It took me awhile to get into it, but once I was invested in the story, I was hooked. AND THAT ENDING. GAH. If you want more coherent thoughts...MY REVIEW. 

Killer T ✅❌
I did try reading it, but I DNFed it. I was actually enjoying the book, but after reading some reviews that mentioned how sexualised the female characters were and the sexual content that the book contained, I decided it wasn't going to sit well with me. 

Fantasy Collection:

Whelp. It looks like this is where it goes downhill.

I don't know why I still haven't read this (probably because I was reading other books instead whoops)

This literally seems like the perfect winter read...I don't know why I didn't read this one either. Whoops, again.

I DID READ THIS ONE. HA. The beginning was iffy, but I really enjoyed the latter part of the book! I shall be reading the sequel. 

Probably one of the worst books I've read in a while. I should've listened to my gut instinct. Darn that hopeful optimism! 

Nope. Again, why? IT SOUNDS LIKE THE PERFECT WINTER READ.

Retellings Collection:

This book was weird one - I still can't decide if I liked it or not? It had good moments and there were elements I liked but the love interest was a brat. Still, I READ IT. YAY! 

Sea Witch 
This was my first read of 2019 and I LOVED it. It was so, so good. I can't wait for the sequel! 

Not yet but soon. Soon. 

Contemporary Collection:

I haven't read this yet, but I'm hoping to read it soon!!

 Where I Live Now ✅
I DNFed this one too. I really wanted to read it initially, but there was so much swearing that I didn't want to read the rest of it. 

So I read/tried reading 8/12 books on my winter TBR! Two-thirds of it read? I think this is the best I've ever done! 

Time to go celebrate...by more reading, of course.