"It's Officially Winter!" TBR Pile


It's officially winter here in the UK today! Generally I hate winter, but this year has been quite mild, so I haven't been complaining as much. 😂 Winter is the perfect time to snuggle up with a book and hot chocolate. Even though I'm not a fan of winter, I am looking forward to that aspect!

Sci-Fi Collection:

I'm SO excited for these! I've heard Light Years is really good. I've been wanting to read The 100 books too. I tried watching the TV show, but I couldn't really get into it - maybe I'll try the books instead? LifeL1K3 also sounds AMAZING - I really enjoyed the Illuminae series that Jay Kristoff co-wrote, so I'm sure I'll love this. Killer T is about viruses and genetics and all that fun stuff; it also sounds so freaking good!

Fantasy Collection:



Ah - so pretty. The Glass Spare sounds so good! A princess who spies and whose touch can turn people to gemstone. Um, yes please. I've heard that the book isn't that interesting though. SADNESS. Beyond a Darkened Shore sounds like a brilliant political fantasy book - I'm so excited to read it! Ink, Iron and Glass has a fantastic sounding premise: a girl who can write worlds into existence? It sounds unique and so interesting! By a Charm and a Curse contains a magical travelling circus, curses and doomed love. PERFECT. The Queen's Rising sounds quite unique too! 

Retellings Collection:

Spinning Thorns is a Sleeping Beauty retelling involving Sleeping Beauty-s daughter, Sea Witch is based on the villain from The Little Mermaid and Olivia Twist is a (can you guess?) Oliver Twist retelling.

Contemporary Collection:


Ah, these both sound so good! Where I Live Now is from the perspective of a homeless teen who lives in her school's halls. She works as an editor for her school's blog and starts investigating when a girl from her school comes in one day with a bloodied lip. However, the more she investigates, the more she jeopardises her cover. This sounds heartbreaking and important! 

A Taxonomy of Love sounds so good too! I think it's a love story that spans over 6 years, from the characters being 13 to 19. The protagonist also has Tourettes (which I know nothing about), so I'm looking forward to learning more about the condition! I've read the first few pages, and I know I'm going to love it.

What books are YOU planning on reading this winter? Have you read any of these?