Characters who are basically me in book form


*Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl*

This prompt was a struggle. As I was scrolling through all the books I'd read, wracking my brain trying to think which ones contained characters that were similar to me, I realised very few books that had characters that made me think "OH MY GOSH, IT ME". Most books have characters that are very brave, confident, mildly violent, very sassy...where are all the wallflowers, the shy characters, and the "very reluctant to jump into battle and wield a sword" characters? WE NEED MORE OF THEM. 

Try as I might, I could only think of five characters that I could really see myself in...

1. Harriet from Geek Girl
Harriet loves learning things. She loves school. She is a bit awkward. She is also unapologetically herself. I like to think I'm the same in that respect.



2. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
Ah, Hermione Granger. The character who inspires me to study and try my hardest at academic work. She's a character who is brave, loyal, smart and LOVES reading. I RELATE.

3. Lena from If There's No Tomorrow
This list might as well be retitled "characters who are also book nerds", because that's what it's shaping up to be. 😂 I can't remember too much of Lena but I do remember that she loves reading and would much rather spend her nights reading in bed then going out. Again, I RELATE.

4. Evie from Am I Normal Yet?
If you have an anxiety disorder or you want to learn more about anxiety, READ THIS BOOK. Although I don't have OCD like Evie, I have panic disorder and worry a lot. There were so many things she said and thought that I could relate to 100%. Although this book was hard to read due to the anxiety being detailed so acutely, I'm so glad I read it. It honestly made me feel seen. 👍

5. The 4 protagonists from The Moonlight Dreamers
need to give The Moonlight Dreamers a reread. It was one of the best books I read in 2016. There were four protagonists and I saw myself in every one of them. I could go on for ages about how much I love these characters and relate to them. From being home-schooled, moving countries, being shy and little bit awkward to loving poetry, Oscar Wild, and wanting to find "your people"...there were so many different aspects of the characters that I could relate to.



Can you relate to any of these characters? Which characters do you most see yourself in?