Top Ten Tuesday - Characters I'd Like to Switch Places With


This is actually a hard topic. I've come to the realisation that authors love torturing their characters. Death, torture, unrequited love...the poor things have a rough time. It's kind of hard finding characters I'd like to switch places with, but I shall try.

1. Anna from Anna and the French Kiss
I read this six years ago, so my memory of what goes down is a little hazy. However, I do remember that Anna attends a boarding school in Paris and falls in love with Etienne. Paris and a cute guy? Yes, please, and thank you.

2. Morrigan Crow from Nevermoor
Although the poor kid spends a lot of time thinking about how she curses everyone around her and her family doesn't pay her much attention, once she's taken under the wing of Juniper, things start getting really exciting for her. I absolutely love the magical setting of Nevermoor, so I'd switch places with Morrigan.


3. Vesper from Light Years
Although I don't envy Vesper constantly having to prove herself to her mother, I get to go to a space fleet military school and be a pilot, which is SO cool. She's also clever, athletic, and confident; she also get to hang out with Cormak, Arran and Orelia who are THE BEST.
4. Beatriz from All the Crooked Saints
She's got an amazing family, is extremely clever and thoughtful, AND she gets to spend time with Pete (the biggest cinnamon roll there ever was).

5. Alex from Alex Rider
HE GETS TO GO ON CRAZY EXCITING MISSIONS AND BE AN AGENT. THAT IS ALL. No, but seriously, it was a dream of mine when I was younger to be a spy (loooool not with those anxiety levels, kid). I get to live that dream through the Alex Rider series. The only downside to it is being a 14-year-old boy. Being 20 is great. 14? Not so much. I did my time.

6. Hannah Ward from Bunheads
FUN FACT: I really wanted to be a dancer when I was younger. I took ballet lessons when I was (like 95% of little girls), gave it up, and then took up dancing again at 14. I loooove dancing, but to be a ballerina, you have to really live and breathe it. I knew that career was out of the cards when I'd get lazy going to my weekly dance lessons. I'd love to switch places with Hannah to dance as often as she did and with such passion. Ballet is hard, so I wouldn't want to be in her place for too long!

7. Diana from Wonder Woman: Warbringer
Who wouldn't want to be Diana?! She's kind, compassionate, brave and super strong. She's a superhero! She gets to hang out with Batman and Superman (sign me the frick up). Is it any wonder why I'd like to switch places with her?! (appreciate the terrible pun kthx)

8. Harriet Manners from Geek Girl
I LOVEEE Harriet!!! She's hilarious, genius and the sweetest person ever. I would love to switch places with Harriet, as she does modelling work (not that I'd ever want to be involved in the modelling world, but it would be interesting to see what it's all about for a little while). She also has some wonderful friends and family that I'd love to hang out with!


9. Lucy from Lockwood & Co
Lucy is witty, brave, and incredibly intelligent. Also, she HUNTS GHOSTS. I don't actually know why I'm putting Lucy on this list, as I would literally be a nervous wreck (even more so) if I had to hunt ghosts every night. HOWEVER, she has such a great friendship with Lockwood and George and has a very exciting life...I'd like to be her for a little while.

10. Tessa from The Infernal Devices
I read this trilogy 6-7 years ago, so again, I can't remember much. That being said, I'd like to be Tessa. She's clever, brave and also has an exciting life (a bit too exciting at times). She also happens to spend a lot of time with William Herondale and Jem Carstairs who are SO PRECIOUS I LOVE THEM. 

Which characters would you like to switch places with? Do you agree with any of these? If so, which ones?