What I'm Currently Reading #27



Can you guys believe it's almost August? I CAN'T. I get my A-level results in less than 3 weeks, and every time I think about it I feel physically sick hahaha help.

To distract myself from Doomsday, I'm reading lots of books! Yay! I didn't finish too many books last week, but hopefully I'll read a lot this week because BOOKTUBEATHON. I need to start working on my university application and maybe redo my CV and covering letter...but I think that can wait another week. 😝

Last week has passed in a blur (like every week of the summer holidays!). I had a lovely time meeting up with my friend for a mini picnic and reading session in the park! I also went with my mom to Patisserie Valerie and had a chocolate frappe - it was BEAUTIFUL.


This week I want to start cooking for my family once a week. My mom and I are on a mission to make super healthy meals, so I'm excited to find some recipes! We already eat quite healthily, but there's always room for improvement.


I read  2 books this week:
Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick and The Archived by V.E. Schwab. 

I LOVED BOTH OF THEM. I used to have suuuuper high expectations for The Archived, but then I read This Savage Song and although I really enjoyed it, I didn't LOVE IT. HOWEVER, I absolutely adored The Archived! The banter, the plot, the characters and the writing were brilliant. I need the next book.

I also picked up Dangerous Lies at random when I was at the library the other day. I'd read all of Becca Fitzpatrick's other books, and I thought let me just flick through this and see if I like it. Before I knew it, I was 70 pages into the book, and it ended up coming home with me. The main character was awful at the beginning of the book, but by the end of it, I LOVED HER. A+ for character development.


I'm finally reading The Cruel Prince. I love the world-building and the writing. However, when I put it down, I don't feel that compelled to pick it back up? I'm hoping it'll be a firm favourite by the time I've finished it, though!




Any one of these babies - it's my booktubeathon TBR!


What books have you read this week? Are you participating in booketubeathon? What are you hoping to read?