What I'm Currently Reading #26


Hiii everyone!

I hope you've had a lovely week. 

This past week has been so wonderful! I've been seeing friends a lot, which has been so nice. I went to the beach yesterday with my parents, my mom's friend, and her son and it was literally the nicest day I've had in ages. It was a beautiful day; the water was fairly warm; the fish and chips were great, and I got a pink body board! I was going to hire a paddle board for an hour and do that, but we ended up staying at the beach for 6 hours, so I'm glad I bought a body board instead! I did, of course, take books with to read, but I didn't manage to get any reading done. BUT I SWAM. So there's that.


I also volunteered at my church on Friday, which was lovely as always! I stop volunteering this Friday, as the playgroup isn't on during summer holidays, BUT I start volunteering at the library on Thursday - YAY. I'm going to be helping out with the summer reading challenge again this year which I'm really looking forward to! 

I finished two books this week.

1. The Murderer's Ape by Jakob Wegelius
2. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab 

The Murderer's Ape was such a wonderful story! I adored the characters and the story line. My review will be up this week and hopefully it will convince you to READ IT! It's SO GOOD.

I also read This Savage Song which I've been meaning to read FOREVER. After reading A Darker Shade of Magic last year, I knew I was going to try to read all the things she's ever written. I liked it. I loved the characters, the premise and the writing. But I felt like it was lacking in something? Maybe plot? I'm not sure. It wasn't a 5 star read for me, which I was really surprised by! I'm hoping I'll like Our Dark Duet more.


Nothing. WHO EVEN AM I?! I'm starting a book today though, which will be Satellite by Nick Lake! Apparently it's heartbreaking, so that's always fun. I'm also currently reading Defending the Gospel. My friend loaned me some of her Christian apologetics books, so I'm looking forward to reading them. 

Good question. I have no idea. Maybe The Last Song or When Dimple Met Rishi?! WE SHALL SEE.

What books did you finish this week? Have you read any of these books -  if so, what did you think?