READATHON TIME: My #TomeToppleTBR!


IT'S READATHON TIMEEEE!!!

Now that it's summer, I'm looking forward to participating in ALL THE READATHONS. The first one I've decided to participate in is the Tome Topple readathon, where you try to read books over 500 pages. I love big books...but they scare me. However, since I have plenty of time on my hands, I thought this is the perfect opportunity to dedicate time to the big books I've been putting off reading because 500+ pages is scary.

Tome Topple is hosted by Thoughts on Tomes and runs from the 29th of June until the 12th of July (I didn't manage to start the books on my TBR yesterday though – I was completely engrossed in The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury). There are several challenges you can complete, if you want, and I'm hoping to complete a couple of those!

The challenges are:
  1. Read more than 1 tome
  2. Read a graphic novel (still over 500 pages!)
  3. Read a tome that is part of a series
  4. Buddy read a tome
  5. Read an adult novel
I probably won't complete 2 and 4, as I don't have graphic novels over 500 pages and although I might be able to buddy read Renegades by Marissa Meyer with my friend, I'm not sure if we'll get around to it, but we'll see!


AHH LOOK AT THEM. SO BIG. SO BEAUTIFUL. SO...DAUNTING. I'm really excited to read these though! I got See Me out of the library yesterday as it will qualify for the “read an adult novel” challenge. I've always wanted to read a Nicholas Sparks book, so I'm ecstatic to finally read one of his works!

I've also been meaning to read City of Heavenly Fire since it first came out, but I've never gotten around to it?! My friend has been nagging me to read it forever, so I'll finally bite the bullet and read it. I was so scared everyone would die, but I haven't heard it being referred to as The Deathly Hallows of Cassandra Clare books...so I think I should be okay.


Satellite and Seraphina are both books I acquired from the library recently, and they're both around 500 pages, so I thought I'd try to read those too!

Renegades, The Murderer's Ape and I Capture the Castle are also books I've been meaning to get to for ages. The Murderer's Ape has an excellent premise, but it's nearly 600 pages so I've been quite intimidated to pick it up!


I'll probably read The Unexpected Everything for the readathon. It's summer time which means time to read ALL THE CONTEMPORARIES! I've heard so many amazing things about Morgan Matson's books – I'm so excited to read this.

I definitely won't get around to all of these, BUT I'm hoping I can read at least three of them!

Are you participating in this? What's the biggest book on your TBR pile? Have you read any of these? Will you be participating in readathons this summer?