What I've Been Reading #10 - Books like making me cry, it seems


HELLO EVERYONE! I'm on holiday for a week which means lots of blogging, reading and guitar. YAY! My last 3 reads have been amazing but ALL OF THEM have made me cry. But I'm okay. I think. 

Image result for i'm okay sobbing gif

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)More of Me

I FINALLY READ ILLUMINAE. And I loved it! The first 200 pages I didn't have a clue what was going on and I was slightly bored and I was like NOOO I DON'T LOVE IT but then once I was 200 or so pages in I fell in love. I flew through the pages, I laughed, I cried and I fell completely in love with it. I was lucky enough to get sent an ARC of Gemina and I was pretty wary about reading it as WHAT IF I DIDN'T LOVE IT?! but boy, oh boy, did I love it?! The new characters (Nik is my new boyfriend) are amazing, the plot is so fast-paced and everything was just on point. 

I then started reading More of Me as I was hoping to meet the author on Saturday (I didn't, unfortunately, but I did meet a few other authors - I should have a post up on that soon!). I read this book in a day or so and it was SO GOOD. It was incredibly thought-provoking and quite chilling at times but oh so brilliant! I cried, though. A lot. 

The Rain (The Rain, #1)

I'm currently reading this! I'm only two chapters in and the writing is very light-hearted for such a dark situation but I really like that! It hasn't got the best reviews though but hopefully I end up loving it!

As I have so many library books out, I have a lot of books I can read next! I'll probably read Red Glove by Holly Black or The Darkest Part of the Forest!

Have you read any of these? Which book should I read next? Let me know your thoughts!