Valentine's Week #3 - My favorite love quotes from books


Hello everybody! 

I absolutely adore quotes. Most of the books I've read that I own are bombarded with sticky notes. I love how I can pick up my books and flick to a page with a pink page marker casually hanging out the side and read a quote, long forgotten, that further reduces me to a puddle of emotion - especially if it's a romantic quote between one of my ships!

1. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

THIS ENDING. KILLED ME.

Percy tightened his grip on Annabeth's wrist. His face was gaunt, scraped and bloody, his hair dusted with cobwebs, but when he locked eyes with her, she thought he had never looked more handsome.
"We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again."
Only then did she understand what would happen. A one-way trip. A very hard fall.
"As long as we're together," she said.

2. Dare You To by Katie McGarry

THIS BOOK. Ryan is everything, I swear.
“I hold the bottle out into the rain and watch as the steady flow slowly fills it. When there is enough, enough that Beth can clearly see, I close the bottle and hand it to her.
She raises a skeptical eyebrow, but accepts the bottle.
"It's our rain Beth."
Her head barely shakes to show her confusion while I rub the back of my neck and search for my courage. "I told you I loved you in this rain and when you doubt my words, I want you to look at this bottle.” 
3. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey 

If you haven't read this book yet, then I highly recommend you do because the plot and the writing and the romance is absolutely perfect.
“I had it all wrong," he says. "Before I found you, I thought the only way to hold on was to find something to live for. It isn't. To hold on, you have to find something you're willing to die for.” 
4. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman 

MY EMOTIONS. 
“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.” 
"But the you who are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow."
5. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare  

I have read many, many books but this is a quote that will always stay with me. So beautiful.

“There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”
6. Take Me On by Katie McGarry

This book is tied with Dare You To. They were both so utterly incredible, both broke my heart and then stitched it back together again and I just loved them both so much! Take Me On has so many beautiful quotes between Wes and Haley, so here are a couple of my favorites!

“Don’t think of it as falling. Think of it as jumping- with me.”

“How is jumping better?”

“Falling happens. Jumping you choose.”
“I'm in love with you. I'm in love with you and I don't know how to make you feel better. I'm in love with you and I shouldn't be. I'm in love with you and once you figure out who I am, you're not going to love me. I'm in love with you and I seem to fuck up the ones who love me back.” 
“We're strong together, Haley. Stronger then we are apart.""I don't feel strong," I whisper."Then I'll be strong enough for both of us."My fingers dig into his shoulders and I cling to him."I love you.”  
7. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

I am  a HUGE fan of this trilogy. I read it four years ago (it felts like only two years ago but nope, four, that is crazy) and I fell in love with Will Herondales. A lot of other book boyfriends come and go but Will will (haha) always be first! Here are some quotes between him and Tessa. Excuse me while I go cry:

"I am catastrophically in love with you.”
"You are the first dream, the only dream I ever was unable to stop myself from dreaming. You are the first dream of my soul, and from that dream I hope will come all other dreams, a lifetime’s worth."
“It's too late," she said."Don't say that." His voice was half a whisper. "I love you, Tessa. I love you.” 
And now I'm officially crying and really want to reread some of these!

What are some of your favorite quotes?