April Wrap-Up and May TBR!

  

Um, excuse me, but how is it May already? We're almost halfway through 2022? I don't know why I'm still so surprised by this, as literally every month I'm like "Wow, a new month already?". Brain cannot compute. 


Anyway! April was a fantastic reading month for me. I literally haven't read this much in over a year. I recently went through my first break up, which wasn't fun, but I've had a lot more time on my hands and it looks like a lot of that time has been spent reading! 

In April I read a total of 11 books?? WHO AM I.

The Books I Read:
The Confidence Solution - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Rescue Me - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 | Instant Karma - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 | Storm and Stone - ⭐⭐⭐ | Finn Family Moomintroll - ⭐⭐⭐.5 | Comet in Moominland - ⭐⭐⭐.5 | 13 Things Mentally Strong Women Don't Do - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Spies in St. Petersburg - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Villains in Venice - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Out of Tune - ⭐⭐⭐.5 | A Far Wilder Magic - ⭐⭐⭐.5

I loveddd Spies in St. Petersburg and Villains in Venice - they're honestly some of my new favourite books! They're fun, mysterious, and plot twisty - highly recommend! I also absolutely loved Rescue Me (you can find my review here) and Instant Karma - they were SO ADORABLE.  Storm and Stone and Out of Tune were good. I listened to them as audiobooks and they were fun, enjoyable reads. I didn't love them, but they did keep me entertained! 

I read A Far Wilder Magic for a book club meeting I attended, and although I enjoyed most aspects of it, I didn't like the representation of religion in there which affected my enjoyment of the novel. You can read my review here! I also read the Moomintroll books were pretty cute. 💜




The Books I Hope to Read:


So many good books I want to get to! I'm on a bit of rom-com kick at the moment. I have some books from Emery Lord, Jennifer E. Smith, Nicola Yoon...it's going to be good. I also have a few fantasy books I want to get to – specifically Only a Monster and This Woven Kingdom. 😍  That being said, it is exam season in May so I'll be lucky to finish two books! Guess we'll have to see. 😋

What books did you read in April? Which book are you most excited to read in May? 💖