What I've Been Reading - My #StayHomeReadingRush Wrap-Up




Hello everyone! 


How are you and how has your week been?

My week has been fairly busy, which isn't something I thought I'd say. I've been helping my mom sort out the house for when we move in the summer. I've been catching up with friends, working out, doing Bible study, doing maths...it's been quite a productive week. 

I also ventured out for the first time in 4 (nearly 5) weeks. I needed to buy me some shampoo and groceries. It was so weird. Usually the town I live in is packed on a Saturday but it was so quiet. I was decked out in gloves and a mask and I saw a few people doing the same (but not as many as I thought I would see!). 

From Thursday to Sunday I participated in a mini version of the Reading Rush - the #StayHome edition. As pretty much everyone is self-isolating at the moment, they decided to host a mini readathon to encourage people to stay at home and read! I really thought that I would get a lot of reading done, as what else is there to do in quarantine? Well, apparently a lot, as I didn't read nearly as much as I wanted to. BUT I did still manage to read 2.5 books and finish an audiobook, totaling 3.5 books read for the readathon, which isn't too bad, I guess! 

Love & LuckStormsweptSherwoodThe Last Magician (The Last Magician, #1)

Love & Luck - ⭐.5 | Stormswept - ⭐.5 | Sherwood - ⭐ | The Last Magician - 

So overall I read a good amount of books last week! I LOVED Love & Luck - it was super cute. It was such a light-hearted, fun read which I really needed. I enjoyed Stormswept too. I ADORED the Ingo books when I was younger, so it was fun revisiting the world. I listened to Sherwood on audio and I really liked it! I'm surprised it's got a rating under 4 stars on Goodreads, as I really enjoyed it. Finally, I read The Last Magician which was AMAZING. I might have found a new favourite book, guys. The characters, the magic system, the romance, the setting, the FREAKING PLOT (a book hasn't shocked me that much in awhile)...it was amazing. I NEED the second book in my life.



One Silver Summer

This is a quick YA contemporary read that I had on my TBR and decided to read. It's a great summer's read. With horses! I used to love horse books when I was younger (despite being on a horse exactly once in my life) but I'm not really feeling the horsey aspect of it that much. The characters aren't very developed either but it's a cute story.

That's a good question. I'm not really sure what I'm in the mood for?? I guess I'll see how I feel once I finish my current read!

What are you currently reading? Did you have a good reading week last week? How's your self-isolation going? Let's chat!