What I've Been Reading #45 - A week of mainly mediocre reads


Hello everyone! 

I hope you are well and that you had a good Easter weekend. Easter Sunday is my favourite holiday. As a Christian, it's the day that everything changed - Jesus conquered death and our sins were dealt with at the cross, resulting in the ability for us to share in a personal relationship with God. 
Luke 24:6-7: "He is not here; he has risen!"
How are you coping with lockdown? 

I'm coping by reading as much as I can, blogging as much as I can, and trying to keep busy as much as possible. It's such a weird time we're living in right now, but books definitely help make it easier! 

I read quite a few last week - yay! I want to try to read as much as possible this next week, as there's a mini Reading Rush readathon taking place from the 16th-19th of April. There are four challenges to complete and if I could read four books across four days, that would be amazing

Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)Summer Shadows (FINDING SKY)The Note (The Note, #1)

Chosen Ones - ⭐.5 | Angel Dares - ⭐.5 | Summer Shadows - ⭐ | The Note - 

Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth was by far the best book I read last week (you can read my review here hehe).We had a rough start but by the end of the book I LOVED it. Super well-written with excellent characterisation and plot - highly recommend. I also read the last two books in the Benedict-Savants series and...they were okay. Angel Dares was better as the main character was fun and I enjoyed the musical aspect, but oh my gosh the love interest was such a jerk. The romance was also so turbulent at times I was over it. Summer Shadows followed a similar pattern; I really liked the main character but the love interest and romance ruined it for me. It was just toxic and childish and not good.

I thought I'd read The Note, a cute adult contemporary, but again, I was disappointed. The writing had a lot of telling and not much showing such as "Maya did this, Maya did that". It was quite tedious initially. I also never really connected with the characters; they were distinctly lacking in depth. Let's hope my reads this week are good! 

Nothing at the moment - I'm not sure what to read next!


Ah, look how pretty! I'm hoping to read any one of these next. I need something fluffy at the moment and I don't think any of these are particularly fluffy. 😆

What books are you reading this week?