What I've Been Reading #43 - Trying to stay calm amidst the panic




Hey guys! 

Wow, it's been a crazy week. Last week we were becoming more aware of the virus and now this week, the shelves are emptying and the city I live in is feeling like a ghost town. It's a terrifying time we're in. I hope you guys are keeping safe and well. Are you on lock down where you live?

In the UK, we're not on a proper lock down yet (as of writing this post) but I'm trying to self-isolate as much as possible. I lost my one job due to the coronavirus which is really sad. I have got the other job at the health shop though which I'm happy about! I'm worried though about the exposure I'm subjected to...but I'll see what happens the next few days.

I didn't read as much as I was hoping to last week! I was supposed to have an interview at a university but it was cancelled due to the coronavirus, so I had spent the majority of my time studying! Now that I'm at home most of the time, I want to try to read and blog as much as possible. 😊

Feel the Fear by Lauren Child

Feel the Fear - ⭐⭐ 

Firstly, I LOVE THIS COVER. Those colours though.💘 I really enjoyed this book. It was really interesting seeing how Ruby's near death experiences affected her psychologically, and it made the book more complex due to the author exploring that. I really liked this one as it had a different feel to it. I love this series! 


I'm on the second-to-last book of the Ruby Redfort series - I'm going to miss it so much when it's finished! If you guys have any spy/espionage thrillers, please give me recommendations. I LOVE that genre and I really want to read more of it.




It's spring time which means...contemporary romance time! When the Stars Lead to You sounds like a super good contemporary novel. Also, the main character wants to be a protagonist. SAME!!! 

I;m really excited to read The Queen of Nothing too. I'm scared to read it though haha! It should be good though. And hopefully the characters won't go through too much.

The Glittering Hour is set in the 1920s and sounds SO good. However, it's apparently really sad. I might skip this one for now...the current situations is draining me emotionally as it is at the moment! 

I saw Multiversum on my library's ebook site and I thought it looked really good. I want to read more multiverse books - it's a great concept.

What are you planning on reading this week? How are you dealing with the outbreak? Let me know and stay safe, guys!