Let's see how many books I read this year from my "The 2017 releases I didn't get to in 2017 but WILL GET TO THIS YEAR" (not a lot)


I love how at the beginning of every year I promise to myself to read these books and not take out library books and blog constantly...and then I fall quite short of those goals I set for myself. OH WELL. In January, I made a list of 2017 releases I was definitely going to get to this year, and I thought it would be quite interesting to do a post wrapping up which books I did actually end up reading! 

Without further ado, let's see how I did! 

YAY, I READ IT! I thought I was going to LOVE Caraval, but I ended up being sorely disappointed by it. That being said, I read the sequel and absolutely loved it, so even though I didn't enjoy the first book, I'm glad I started the series! 


I can't believe I haven't read this yet! It was one of my most highly-anticipated reads, yet I still haven't read it. I think I'm waiting to be in the right mood for it, though? Hopefully that said mood will happen soon. Preferably before the end of the year. 

THE SEQUEL IS ALREADY OUT AND I STILL HAVEN'T READ THIS.


I HAVE READ THIS!! It was my first read of 2018; I LOVED it. If you want to read my fangirling in all its glory, click here. 


5. Now I Rise 
I don't know why I haven't read this, as I frikkin' ADORED the first book. Now that the trilogy is complete I think I'll try marathoning them all sometime soon.

I've heard such good things about this book! I bought me a copy on my Kindle when it went on sale this year. I'm pretty sure I'll love it, I just need to get around to reading it! 

I heard so many things about this book when it first came out; it seemed like everyone was loving it! Even though I really want to read this, it's no longer at the top of my list. Again, I feel like it's a book I have to be in a particular mood for. 

I know I'm going to love this book. I CAN FEEL IT. It's super geek. I'm super geeky. It's a Cinderella retelling, and I love retellings! So, why haven't I read this yet? Brilliant question. I have no idea. 

This book sounds SO CUTE and super relevant. It's about a guy who a girl finds super cute, posts a picture of him on social media and he becomes insta-famous. Think Alex from Target.  

I really want to read this, but I know it's going to affect my anxiety, hence I still haven't read it. Oops.

I READ IT I READ IT I READ IT. I read this in November and loooooved it! As of writing this post, I have the sequel on hold from my library. Fingers crossed it gets here soon! 

I should read this in December! It's a cold, snowy kind of book. There's mythology in it (I think). And apparently the writing is gorgeous! Maybe there's still hope of me getting around to this before the year is out! 

I am going to love this book. There are hackers, secrets, geneticists with secrets...it sounds SO GOOD. Maybe I'll get around to this before 2018 is over. Nothing screams winter vibes like when a book has genetics, hacking and the potential end of the human race, right?

I don't have a copy of this, nor has my library got a copy. I SO BADLY want to read this though. Dragons! Anxiety rep in a fantasy book! Maybe this can be on my Christmas wishlist?!

Okay, I didn't start The Dark Artifices this year, BUT I did get around to finally reading City of Heavenly Fire, so...I'm going to cheat a little and count this as a read. Oi, stop looking at me like that. It's a Cassandra Clare book...it counts! 

Well, I got 4/15. That's kind of terrible, but I can't complain because I read so many other amazing books! 

Have you read any of these? Which one must I make a priority to get to?