End of Year Book Tag!

can't believe it's the end of 2018 (almost). The last few months have completely flown. I love the end of the year; it's Christmas, there's good food, hot chocolate, people are jolly...it's my favourite time of year. That being said, there is one thing I don't particularly like about the end of the year - I realise that I haven't accomplished all the things I was hoping to! I guess there's always next year though, right?

1. Are there any books you started this year you need to finish?

I'm quite good at finishing a book I've started. That being said, there are a couple of non-fiction books that I still need to get around to finishing...I doubt I'll finish them all by the end of the year, but I SHALL TRY.

Hard Questions, Real Answers
Wonders of the Solar System
The Quantum Universe: Everything That Can Happen Does Happen

2. Do you have an autumn book to transition to the end of the year?

Not specifically. I love reading fantasy and sci-fi books towards the end of the year though, especially if they're set in snowy landscapes! 

3. Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?

This came out the beginning of November, and I haven't bought or read it yet: 

Skyward (Skyward, #1)

IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. I'm hoping my library gets it in soon! 

4. What are the three books you want to read before the end of the year?

Pfft I wish it was only three books I wanted to read before the end of 2018! As I'm sure you know, I have quite a few library books out. Some of them I really want to get to before the year is out. At the moment, I really want to get to Evolution by Teri Terry, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. I have the first four books out in the Shatter Me series, and I'm determined to get them read by the end of 2018. I'm so behind on my series, dang it! 


5. Is there a book that you think could still shock you and become your FAVORITE???

I'm sure there is, but I'm not going to name any specific books, because I don't want to put too much pressure on the poor book! 


6. Have you already made reading plans for 2019?

Nope! BUT (I know I say this every year) I really want to read the books that are on my shelves!!! I take way too many books out of the library, and it's a sliiiiight problem. Maybe 2019 will be the year I finally listen to myself?! 

I tag Amy from A Magical World of Words, Jolien from The Fictional Reader and Marie from Drizzle and Hurricane Books