What I've Been Reading #32


I hope you guys are doing well! 

I feel like I haven't done a weekly wrap-up post in ages, (maybe because I haven't. oops) BUT I AM BACKKK. Huzzah! 

October was a very "slumpy" month for me. I wasn't really in the mood for blogging or reading. Instead, I mainly felt like playing piano and painting, so I didn't get much reading, blogging and writing done. I also wanted to plan my NaNo book...but I never seemed to get around to it. I'm going to start planning my WIP this month and then maybe start drafting it next month. Most of the time I've jumped into a new writing project with no plans, and it's never worked out well. So I really want to take the time to get to know my characters and work out a plot before I begin the actual writing. 

I'm happy to report that I'm finally out of my reading slump - YAY! Let's hope I get a lotttt of books read this month. 






I read  2 books this week: 
The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton  - ⭐


The Belles was SO FREAKING GOOD. I absolutely loved it, and I can't wait for the sequel! The review should be up this week.

I also read Captivating, which is a Christian non-fiction book, and I found some valuable information in it; however, I found it quite repetitive. The author also generalised so much, so I didn't particularly enjoy that aspect of it.

❄ Legendary by Stephanie Garber
This might come as a surprise to many of you that I'm reading Legendary, as I intensely disliked the first book. Nevertheless, I thought I'd give it a go...and I'm really, really liking it. Tella is a much more interesting character than Scarlett (who is still as interesting as a blank wall), and the plot is super good too. SECOND CHANCES ARE GOOD.


The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1)

I've heard SUCH GOOD THINGS. It's due next week, so I better get reading! 

Have you read any of these books? What books do you plan on reading this week?