Top Ten Tuesday - Backlist books I want to read!


For this topic, it’s not top ten Tuesday but more like top 756 Tuesday. There are so many backlist books I want to read *guiltily looks at two bookcases full of unread pre-2018 books*...like literally hundreds. However, for your sake (and mine) I’ll stick to 10. Or maybe 15. 55 at most.


1. Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)


MERMAIDS. I love mermaid stories. This trilogy sounds so good and I ADORE the covers. I never see them around though, so that’s why I haven’t gotten around to reading them. ONE DAY.
2. For Darkness Shows the Stars

For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)


THE COVER IS JUST SO PRETTY. I could stare at it all day. Superficiality aside, the story sounds super good too. It’s a sci-fi retelling of Persuasion by Jane Austen. I haven’t read Persuasion yet, but a science fiction spin on a classic romance novel is something I’m totally game for.

3. Breathe

Breathe (Breathe, #1)


This book was super hyped among the British book blogs back in the day. The concept is so intriguing and quite realistic too in this global warming age. Basically, the world has run out of oxygen and you have to pay to breathe. It sounds TERRIFYING. I MUST READ IT. 


4. The Catastrophic History of You and Me

The Catastrophic History of You and Me


Firstly, I love the title. Secondly, this book has such a unique concept. It’s about a girl who literally dies from a broken heart after her boyfriend breaks up with her and has to pass through the first 5 stages of grief in order to move on. I’m not really doing this justice; HERE’S THE SYNOPSIS:


5. The False Prince
The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)

Kingdoms! Civil war! Cunning plans! Competitions! I love a good political fantasy.

6. MILA 2.0
MILA 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)

I'd actually forgotten what this book was about. After reading the synopsis, I was reminded how badly I want to read this. The protagonist was built in a computer science lab and can do things normal people can't do. There's danger and governments and AH IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. 

7. These Broken Stars
These Broken Stars

I LOVE THIS COVER. It's also a sci-fi book co-written by Amie Kaufman, who also happened to co-write one of my favourite sci-fi books (Illuminae). I can't believe I still haven't read this.

8. Before She Ignites
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)

DRAGONS AND ANXIETY! There is poor representation of mental illness in fantasy books, so kudos to the author for including it. This book seriously sounds so good. 

9. Salt to the Sea
Salt to the Sea

I've heard endless good things about this book and Between Shades of Gray - I don't know why I haven't read them yet! I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction, but this sounds like such an incredible novel, I really want to give it a go at some point.

10. The Winner's Curse
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)

I've heard such amazing things about this trilogy, and I even had a couple of dreams about buying this book (no clue why)...so I'm not sure why I haven't read it yet. ALSO, IT'S SO PRETTY.

Have you read any of these? What did you think? Which of these do you think I must get to ASAP?!