August Wrap-Up and September TBR - Goodbye summer, hello autumn



IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN! Kind of. Do you view the 1st of September as autumn or the 23rd of September, the day of the autumn equinox? I cannot believe summer has come to an end. It was a good one, filled with long, hot days (seriously, who knew England could get so hot?!) and seeing friends and reading and destressing. I made some new friends, went to the beach, discovered some new favourite books, volunteered, organised my house, got a new bookcase, played piano, redesigned my blog...it's been a good last few months. 

I'm looking forward to autumn. Although summer will always be my favourite season, I've grown fond of autumn over the years. Spending the colder nights wrapped up in a blanket with some hot chocolate and a good book is always nice. I love September through to December - bring it on! One of my best friends from South Africa is coming to visit me for 3 weeks in November - I LITERALLY CAN'T WAIT. It's going to be so, so amazing seeing her again. I need to start doing some planning for our travelling we'll be doing around England! 

I'm excited to see what September holds for me! It'll be the first September in a looooong time that I won't be starting school, as I'm on a gap year! The past few years, I've always started school the last week or two of August, so it feels quite strange not organising all my academic stuff. What I have been doing though is applying for a lot of jobs! Fingers crossed I get one! I'm particularly hoping for one of the barista jobs I applied for. I've always wanted to work in a coffee shop. 

What are you looking forward to this month?

Song of the Current (Song of the Current #1)Every Hidden ThingThe Girl Who Thought Her Mother Was a MermaidLondon Belongs to UsThe Last SongThe Unexpected EverythingThe Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsEndless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)ExpelledAll Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1)See How They Run (Embassy Row, #2)Freshers

Song of the Current - ⭐.5 | Every Hidden Thing - ⭐.5 | The Girl who Thought her Mother was a Mermaid - ⭐.5 | London Belongs to Us - ⭐ | The Last Song - ⭐ | The Unexpected Everything - ⭐ | The Boys Next Door - ⭐ | Endless Summer - ⭐ | Expelled - ⭐ | All Fall Down - ⭐ | See How They Run - ⭐ | Freshers - 

So...I feel like I read quite a few books this month that were very disappointing. London Belongs to Us was a fun read, but it had a lot of swearing and stuff I didn't enjoy. The Boys Next Door and Endless Summer were probably two of the worst books I've ever read. The characters, writing, plot and romance was awful. UGH. Expelled was pacy, and I really enjoyed it until the end. It was super problematic towards the end, which made me give it only 2 stars. Freshers was also not as good as I expected it to be. I wasn't a huge fan of the plot or pacing, and the content was also stuff I don't agree with. The characters drank, did drugs, swore, slept around, which goes against what I believe in. 

However, I also found some amazing books! I absolutely LOVEEEED The Last Song, The Unexpected Everything, All Fall Down and See How They Run! Song of the Current and Every Hidden Thing were amazing too! *_* 

Have you read any of these? What did you think?




These are some of the books I'm hoping to get to this month! I probably won't be able to get to all of these this month (18 books? Not very likely), but I'LL TRY. I have less than 200 pages of Seraphina by Rachel Hartman to read! I'm really loving it and have reserved the second book from the library, so I'll probably read that this month too! I went on a bit of a library binge in August and got quite a few new releases, which I'm SO EXCITED TO READ, especially LIFEL1K3 and Grace & Fury! 

Have you read any of these? What did you think? Which one should I get to first?