My July Wrap-Up and August TBR Pile!


It's the last official month of summer! How has it gone so quickly?! This summer has been...weird. Good but weird. Every summer I've always had to think about the upcoming school year: planning my school work, going stationery shopping, scheduling holidays etc. This summer has been completely free of that, seeing as I'm on a gap year. I've actually been able to do nothing this summer and relax; it's been weird. 


July was a really great month! I caught up with friends; I went to the beach; I got a novel idea and wrote the first page and drew some scenes from my WIP; I read a lot; I worked out a lot. Oh, and I redesigned my blog, which you probably noticed! The only problem is my home page is showing that all my posts have zero comments when they ACTUALLY HAVE COMMENTS. If anyone can help me with that, I'd really really really appreciate it! 


I've also been really struggling with my anxiety lately. I've been doing so well, but recently I've been getting really bad heart palpitations/panic attack sensations. It's really frustrating. I'm pretty sure it was triggered by almost fainting last month after cutting my hand on a fish tin (well done, me). There was minimal blood, but I nearly fainted. Seeing as I have a fear of fainting, I'm not surprised it triggered my anxiety again. UGH. Let's hope it'll be better this month! 

I've also been volunteering at the library once a week, which has been lovely! Today these two little boys got SO EXCITED about reading; the one went away from the volunteering desk, carrying a large pile of books, and said to his sister "I love reading". EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO CRY. 

In August I'd like to accomplish a few things:
1. Booktubeathon (I REALLY WANT TO READ 7 BOOKS)
2. Hand in my CV to several bookstores (I need to proofread it; hopefully it'll be ready to go hand in next week!)
3. Eat healthy and exercise (I was pretty good last month - let's hope I can keep it up!)
4. COOK (I want to start cooking once or twice a week for my family. Now that I don't have exams and school, I should start making myself more useful)
5. Start properly planning my WIP 

See MeTwo by TwoCity of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)The Murderer's ApeThis Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)Take Back the Skies (Take Back the Skies, #1)SatelliteBatman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)Orphan Monster SpyWing JonesThe Archived (The Archived, #1)Dangerous LiesThe Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)My [Secret] YouTube Life

See Me - ⭐ | Two by Two - ⭐.5 | City of Heavenly Fire - ⭐ | The Murderer's Ape - ⭐.5 | This Savage Song - ⭐ | Take Back the Skies - ⭐.5 | Satellite - ⭐.5 | Batman: Nightwalker - ⭐ | Orphan Monster Spy - ⭐.5 | Wing Jones - ⭐ | The Archived - ⭐.5 | Dangerous Lies - ⭐.5 | The Cruel Prince - ⭐.5 | My Secret YouTube Life - 

SUCH A GOOD READING MONTH!!! I READ 14 BOOKS!!! I think that's the most I've ever read in one month in 4 years or something. I also read so many good books?! WHAT IS THIS. I can thoroughly say I adored all of these a LOT. I didn't like Take Back the Skies or My Secret Youtube Life that much. While I found Orphan Monster Spy good, it was really dark and had quite unsettling topics in it that I didn't find were addressed properly.  

So what was my favourite book of the month? See Me by Nicholas Sparks, City of Heavenly Fire, Satellite and The Archived. They were AMAAAZZZINGGGG!!! Have you read any of these? What did you think?


Be proud of me, guys. I've already read two of these: Song of the Current and Freshers. I loved Song of the Current; it was so good. I'm contemplating whether or not to read Every Hidden Thing or The Last Song next! This TBR might change though, as I want to try to read a lot of summery contemporaries this month, specifically Morgan Matson's books! I think I'll keep some of these for September - they seem like good autumnal reads! 

What books are you planning to read in August? What was the best book you read in July?