June Wrap-Up and July TBR!



Hi everyone!

I hope you guys had a wonderful June and that you'll have a WONDERFUL July!

As I write this post, I have a pounding headache and I'm slightly dizzy - my seasonal allergies have finally surfaced. Besides that, I'm great! England has been so hot for the past month - it's been in the high-20s, even pushing 30 degrees, for the majority of this summer. As a South African who loves the sun, I AM A HAPPY WALNUT.

June was a rough month because I had 7 exams to get through. BUT I MADE IT! I'M FREE! I'm on my gap year now, which I'm so happy about. I'm finally feeling more relaxed and able to focus on myself again and not think only of exams/school. IT FEELS SO GOOD. 

I finished my exams on the 22nd of June, and I'm happy to announce I've read quite a few books since finishing! I'm so excited to read even more books in July. There are so many readathons happening over the summer, and I'm so excited to read as much as possible. I've had my first week of holidays this past week, and I've filled it up with seeing friends, drinking a LOT of coffee and reading a LOT of books - it's been such a lovely week!


Girl Out of WaterNever Say DieAll the Crooked SaintsThe Sin EaterĂ¢€™s Daughter (The Sin EaterĂ¢€™s Daughter, #1)SummerlostThe Trapdoor Mysteries: A Sticky SituationThe Scent of Danger

Girl Out of Water - ⭐⭐ | Never Say Die - ⭐ | All the Crooked Saints x2 - ⭐ | The Sin Eater's Daughter - ⭐.5 | Summerlost - ⭐ | A Sticky Situation - ⭐ | The Scent of Danger - ⭐.5

What a brilliant reading month. I enjoyed all the books I read and found some new favourites! 
I read Girl Out of Water during exam season, a couple of chapters every couple of nights, and it was SO ENTERTAINING. I was cackling as I turned the pages as it's HILARIOUS. If you're looking for a super lighthearted YA contemporary, you should read it!

I also read Never Say Die which made me feel ALL THE FEELS. I loved it and I can't WAIT for the next book.

All the Crooked Saints was so good I reread it as soon as I finished it. SO GOOD. 


The Sin Eater's Daughter was superb! I shipped to my heart's content, I felt shocked by the plot twists and I was astounded by the cruelty of certain characters. I've already reserved the sequels from my library.

Summerlost was an emotional, wonderful middle-grade novel filled with family, friendship and forgiveness. I thought it was super cute!

A Sticky Situation and The Scent of Danger were unsolicited review copies. I wasn't going to read them but I thought "Why not?" and gave them a go. They're very middle-grade. In fact, I think they're more for early readers. I think they're great if you're around six or seven, but I couldn't enjoy them much, unfortunately.





 I'm not sure which of these I'll read, but this is the selection I'll be reading from! I'm currently reading Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks, but I might put it on hold for now, as the story line isn't what I think I'll enjoy reading as a 19 year old. Maybe as a 30+ year old but not as a 19 year old. However, I loveeeed See Me, so I'll probably continue reading it! 

I'll also most likely start reading Satellite next, as I think it will be quite a quick read! 

What books did you read in June? Which book was your favourite? What books do you plan on reading in July? Let's chat!