I LOVEEED THESE BOOKS (2018 reads)


Can you believe we're over halfway through 2018?! I can't. Time is going so fast, can it just SLOW DOWN ALREADY?! Despite us being halfway through the year, I don't feel like I've read that much (because I haven't lol). I've only been properly reading the past two weeks because I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL! So I don't know if I'll have 10 favourite books read in 2018, but we shall see!

The first book I read in 2018 was a book I completely fell in love with...

1. Wintersong


I remember two things about my experience of reading this book:
  1. I felt like I was dying because I was so ill with the flu
  2. Because I was sick I literally couldn't do anything but lie in bed, and I felt too sick to sleep, so I read most of this book in one sitting and I LOVED IT. The writing was amazing, the characters were amazing, the romance, the plot...EVERYTHING. You can read my full thoughts here.
  1. The Reckoners trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

It technically doesn't count as one book, but I'm nothing if not a rebel (hahahaha not). This trilogy was so good. I absolutely loved the concept! It basically follows David, who's trying to join the Reckoners who are a force that try to kill the Epics. Epics are super villains (basically). One day this thing appeared in the sky and gifted some people with extraordinary abilities, that simultaneously twisted them and turned them kind of evil. SO now everyone lives in terror basically and the Reckoners need to try to fight the Epics. IT'S SO GOOD THOUGH. The characters are amazing; the dialogue is BRILLIANT; the plot twists are shocking, and it's so entertaining. I guess you could say it's a pretty epic trilogy. Ba dum tssss.
  1. Frostblood 
I had no expectations going into this book, and I ended up absolutely loving it. YASSS. I loved Ruby. Arcus is the new love of my life. The plot was pretty standard, but I was still totally invested in the story. I was shipping Ruby and Arcus like there was no tomorrow, and I LOVEEED the dialogue. READ MY REVIEW HERE: (lol this post is basically a shameless self-promotion, isn't it?)
  1. An Enchantment of Ravens

I NEVER WROTE A REVIEW FOR THIS. WHY?! Now I can only remember, like, 5% of my feeeelings. I remember loving this book. The characters were amazing. I loveeed the love interest. I loved how creepy and eerie the fae world was. Also, the writing was GORGEOUS.

  1. Never Say Die
    This was the first book I read after finishing my exams, and it was so good. As I knew it would be. Anthony Horowitz never disappoints. My precious cinnamon roll (Alex Rider) was so wounded and mature and different in this book. IT BROKE MY HEART...but A* for character development! The plot was excellent and the ending!!! I'M DYING FOR THE NEXT BOOK. It hasn't even got a release date, BUT I NEED IT.
  1. All the Crooked Saints

ALSO KNOWN AS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BOOKS EVER!!! I read this immediately after I finished it. Yes, it was that good. I'm not really a rereader, so you must know I loved it A LOT to read it again immediately. I just had so many feelings. It was amazing. Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2354693849

  1. The Sin Eater's Daughter
    This isn't going to be an all-time favourite book, but I had SUCH FUN reading it. The plot was creepy and interesting and not quite like what I'd read before. I really liked the main character and the love interest. AND THE PLOT TWISTS!!! Holy smokes, the plot twists. You should definitely read this – it was great.
  1. City of Heavenly Fire

I FINALLY READ IT. I ACTUALLY FINALLY READ IT. I thought the day would never come...BUT IT DID. And I managed to avoid spoilers for 4 years?? DO I GET A MEDAL FOR THIS?! Okay, so: I loved it. Obviously. The Mortal Instruments has never been my all-time favourite series (that goes to The Infernal Devices), but I still loved the books. It was so wonderful being reunited with Jace, Clary, Simon, Izzy, Alec and Magnus. I loved Jace and Clary in this book. I felt like they'd really matured as characters, and I LOVED their relationship in this book. It was just so much more...emotional and genuine and beautiful?! I don't know...I just really loved Clace in CoHF. Izzy and Simon were AMAZING, as always! I absolutely love Simon. He's just <3. I'm so excited to read Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy ahhhh!!! Alec was super sassy in this book, which was hilarious! His witty one-liners were SO FUNNY. Also, I forgot how much I loved Cassandra Clare's writing?! And THE BANTER: I was literally laughing so much. But I was also crying a lot. I think I cried 5 times reading this. It did emotionally ruin me but hey, I knew it was going to.
  1. See Me by Nicholas Sparks
    I FINALLY READ A NICHOLAS SPARKS BOOK!!! This was SO GOOD I READ IT IN A DAY. I rarely ever read a book in one day...but this one I did. It was engrossing and thrilling and ASDFGHJKL. I'm also in love with Colin. READ IT READ IT READ IT. Or if you need more persuasion: my review.
  1. Two by Two

Nicholas Sparks is shaping up to be a new favourite author of mine. I'm not sure why, as I'm not particularly fond of sad books?? Maybe I'm going through a quarter life crisis or something. WHO KNOWS. This book was SO CUTE (and sad, it is ol' Nicky Sparks we're talking about here). I nearly DNFed this as the first 150 pages were SO BORING. It was literally just an internal monologue with the main character (Russ) being confused and upset by his wife's scathing remarks and irritation with him. BUT THEN when the story picked up pace, I fell head-over-heels in love with it. The relationship between Russ and his six-year-old daughter was so sweet. The family dynamics were amazing, and I LOVED Russ. I did cry at the end though, but ahhh...it was so good!!!

These are some new favourites I've found this year! What has been your favourite book you've read in 2018? Have you read any of these? What did you think?