Ten books to read when you don't have a lot of time!


The title of this post may have you thinking that I'm about to recommend several books that are under three hundred pages that you can fly through but (plot twist) it's not

Ooh, the suspense.

 It's about books that are so fast-paced/adorable/magnificent that you can't bear to put them down for a mere five seconds because that would be literal torture. It's about books that you can finish in a few hours because they're just SO GOOD.

I've read several books this year that I've absolutely flown through! Now, I'm not a super fast reader and I don't generally read a book in a day but all the books below are books I've finished in a day.

ARE YOU EXCITED FOR ALL THE RECS?! I'M EXCITED FOR ALL THE RECS.



I got this book out of the library last week because a) It had sprayed edges and b) it was a newish release that I'd been wanting to read and I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did but boy, I flew through it. I didn't finish this in one day but I read over half of it the day I got it, I stayed up late reading it and I didn't stop at one more chapter. It's gripping, it's dark and it's eerily real. I recommend you pick it up. Now, preferably. 

I WILL NEVER FORGET MY READING EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BOOK. Three years ago, a rainy day in Cape Town, South Africa. I had picked up Boy Nobody at the library, mainly because of the sprayed edges (I didn't realise this post was going to have a theme but I'm clearly a basic bookworm. I see sprayed edges. I must have sprayed edges) and I started reading it the following morning whilst eating my breakfast...and I stayed like that for the next three hours whilst I finished it. I couldn't put it down and I doubt you'll be able to either. Also, THAT ENDING.

I really wasn't expecting to finish this book in one day...but I did. I think I finished it in around 3-4 hours and holy schnitzels, I should have listened to the hype sooner because this book was INCREDIBLE. Like, the plot and the world-building and the characters and EVERYTHING, BASICALLY. I couldn't put it down, I felt all the feels and V.E. Schwab is on my auto-buy authors list.

I didn't exactly read this book in a day BUT I read almost 400 pages of it in one day and then finished the other 100 pages the next day so I'm counting it. I LOVED this book. It was rich and it was complex and it was slow-paced. If you're looking for a high-action fantasy (I thought this was a fantasy but it's not, it's historical fiction and it's INCREDIBLE) this isn't it. The author takes time introducing us to the characters, setting the scene, introducing the politics. This book was developed slowly and intricately yet I flew through it. One of my other favourite books also was quite intricate and slower-paced and I've realised I will almost always love books like that because it provides such an in depth reading experience. 

One of the things that really stands out for me when I think of this book is a) how utterly unique it is and b) how the ending made me ugly cry. I remember just chilling in the lounge, reading my book, reaching the last few pages and then NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE BECAUSE MY EMOTIONS WERE ATTACKING MY EYES. My parents were staring at me like


 I still haven't recovered. BUT SERIOUSLY, this book is amazing and I also read it in a day (I think) and if you want to read my thoughts on it, you can click here. It's an amazing book that you'll fly through. Now go. Go read my review. Then buy the book. GOOO.


THIS BOOK WAS SO ADORABLE AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE MOVIE!!! I read this book in one day and I was so invested in the story. I cried, I laughed, I felt le anxiety...it was such a wonderful story with wonderful characters and a wonderful romance. READ IT! If you haven't already. Read my thoughts here!

Whenever I think of the summer of being sixteen, I think of this series. I marathoned the entire series the August of '15 after getting the first three books from a charity store (the first books I bought in England, if you were wondering, which you probably weren't but FUN FACT) and I fell completely in love with them and proceeded to spend my summer reading the whole series. IT WAS GREAT. I think most of them took me a day or two to read. They're fast-paced, they're witty, they're brilliant and SO PRECIOUS TO ME.


THIS SERIES IS MY LIFE. I read Pushing the Limits when I was 13 (it was one of my first e-ARCs!) but I didn't love it because I think it was slightly too mature for me BUT I read Dare You To, Crash Into You and Take Me On two years ago during my holidays and I LOVED THEM SO MUCH. They're pretty thick books (over 400 pages) and I read them in a day. Katie McGarry is hands down one of the best YA contemporary writers out there.

The Skulduggery Pleasant series is incredibly close to my heart and it's one of my all-time favourites. These books are thick, the last few are over 600 pages (if I recall correctly) but I read them over a 24 hour period. They're fast-paced, they're filled with plot twists, the characters are incredible and they play like a movie in your head. PLEASE READ THEM. I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

This book was SO CUTE! The characters are amazing, I LOVED the premise, the writing was gorgeous, the family and friendship dynamics were beautiful, too! This book is also over 400 pages but I read this in one sitting. I couldn't put this book down and it's so easy to fly through! Here are more of my thoughts, if you need more convincing! PLEASE READ IT, KTHXBAI. 


SO, I hope you like my list! I devoured all of these so quickly and I couldn't put them down. If you're looking for a book to read in a short amount of time...here you go. You're welcome.


Have you read any of these and what did you think? Which books have you read in a few hours? Are you a fast reader or a slow one? LET'S DISCUSS!