The books next to my bed - Library Edition


As you guys probably all know by now, I'm obsessed with the library. I'm there at least three times a week and I always have at least five books out from the library (at the moment it's twenty hahaha don't look at me like that). I currently have a wonderful selection of books on loan and I'm so excited for all of them! One of my bookish traditions is that as soon as exams are over I go to the library and haul the books that have caught my eye but haven't been able to read because: studying. So I raided the library and I've already knocked 3 books off of the Leaning Tower of Raided Literature (they were so good!) and I'm super stoked for all the other books as well!



Wow, aren't they pretty? They all sound so good and I'm super excited for them! Starting from the beginning...

I read Water Born yesterday and it was so good, chilling and creepy. You know the kind of book that messes with your head, makes you want to check under your bed at night and that sets your heart racing? The kind of book that makes you physically feel the horror and terror the characters are experiencing? Yes, it's one of those. It was the perfect time to read it as in the book it was a blistering hot UK summer and in my reality it's also blistering hot in the UK (which I love, btw). Luckily for me though I don't have a murderous ghost uncle trying to kill my parents and everyone else in the process. Small mercies. 

THEN I got I Capture the Castle out - completely on whim - when I was browsing the classics section. I saw it there and I was totally in the mood for reading a classic so I checked it out and I'm so glad I did! I read the first page and I have a feeling I'm going to love it. I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONESSSS. (I had to incorporate slight hyperbole somewhere in this post, it's my aesthetic).

I actually returned With Malice to the library because I've been getting slightly anxious the past few days and I remembered that thrillers can intensify le anxieties. Oops. I'll probably read it one day, though! Have you read it? Is it worth reading?


I got The Girl of Ink and Stars out too because a) everyone and their mother seems to be raving about it and b) it's one of the books we'll be discussing in the bookclub I'm attending soon! I'm supposed to go tomorrow but I haven't read the book yet (my reservation only came in yesterday - I'M GENERALLY ORGANISED. Actually that's a lie. Lololol) so we'll see. ANYWAY, it sounds so good and the cover is so prettyful *strokes*. It's got maps, stars, monsters and myths - what more could a girl ask for?

I also FINALLY checked Since You've Been Gone out of the library (well, would you look at that, I'm now going to be singing Kelly Clarkson for the next 48 hours) and I'm so excited to read it as it honestly looks like the perfect summer read! I absolutely adore reading contemporaries in the summer and I have a feeling this is going to be the perfect contemporary for a hot summer's day!


THEN, I have The Archived and This Savage Song to read. I've heard ENDDDLESSSS good things about V.E. Scwab's books and I am SO EXCITED to finally become acquainted with her characters and the worlds she has created! I've reserved A Gathering of Shadows (I think that's what it's called?) And Our Dark Duet from the library - EEEEK!!! Hopefully they'll get here soon!

I also (randomly, yet again) got Reckless and Fearless by Cornelia Funke out of the library and I have reserved the third one so I can marathon them this summer! I was never interested in reading this series but after reading Cait's brilliant review I was like I NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE 63 YEARS AGO. MUST READ IT. So fingers crossed I love it! I mean, it has magical worlds accessed via a mirror, brotherly love, monsters and magic - what more could you ask for?

I checked out Faking 19 and Kiss & Blog by Alyson Noel out of the library as I had picked them up off of the shelf and read a few pages in the library and was instantly hooked, so obviously I had to take them home with me! They're pure fluff filled with drama, pettiness, misadventures and the awkward and hilarious trials of teenagehood - fun!


I've also been wanting to marathon the Reckoners trilogy forever as it's a) Brandon Sanderson (I've only read one of his books but I need MORE) and b) It's got a superhero feel to it. A burst in the sky. Some people get extraordinary powers. A group of humans without powers called the Reckoners who assassinate the Epics (the powerful people). Superhero books aren't easy to pull off but I have faith in Mr. Sanderson (PLEASE LET IT BE INCREDIBLE). 


Annnnd finally I have several Batman graphic novels out! Some are more classic Batman stories and there is a New 52 one in there as well (DC's newly rebooted series, I think!)

I'm so excited to read all of these as they all look incredible! Have you read any of these? Did you enjoy them? Have you got any books out from the library? LET'S DISCUSS.