What I've Been Reading #6 - Textbooks, study notes and more textbooks


HELLO EVERYBODY!

How are you guys? How has your summer been? It's supposed to be really hot in England this week which I'm SUPER EXCITED about as I love the sun and the heat. 

tanning sun bathing dog

This will be me. Except not at the beach but that's okay because SUN AND ICE CREAM YAS!

I didn't read anything last week because I had so much school and we had visitors but I'm hoping that I won't have as much to do this week - fingers crossed! I have a week's break the last week of August which I scheduled into my holidays when I was setting up my academic year because my favourite readathon ever is occurring (Bout of Books! Will you be participating?) so I'm really, really looking forward to that! #perksofbeingahomeschooler

I did start reading Bad Magic by Pseudonymous Bosch yesterday and OH MY GOSH, I forgot how much I loved his books! I first discovered his one series back when I was a dinky twelve year old and I loved them then and I love them now and this book is actually told from the perspective of one of the main character's (from the first series I read) brother. I had a lot of feels when I found that out, as you can imagine.


It's the kind of book that makes you fall in love with reading all over again. GO READ IT. But read his other series first because #feels. Here is the link, they're seriously so good. They're magical and sassy and there are hilarious footnotes. He also writes in a way that involves the reader, so you feel as if he's speaking to you at all times and it's just such an incredible reading experience. I also remember emailing him telling him how much I loved his books and he replied. This was when I first started blogging and I had never really spoken to an author before. There was a lot of squealing and fangirling involved, as you can imagine!

Bad LuckTwo Summers

I really hope that I can read these two books this week! The Pseudonymous Bosch books are really quick reads, I read like 3 pages a minute which is A LOT for me and I just fly through them. I've also read like no contemporary books this summer and I love reading contemporary books in the summer so I think Two Summers is a perfect choice!

What books did you read last week? What are you currently reading? What are you hoping to read this week? Do you enjoy summer or are you looking forward to autumn? Let me know!