Valentine's Week #4 - My favorite love stories


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

I hope you have all had a wonderful day, whether it be with a significant other, a group of friends or in your own company with movies, books, fluffy socks and chocolates. I have spent the day rearranging my bookshelf, wishing my book boyfriends would come to life, consuming large amounts of chocolate and speaking to my best friend on Skype. Not a bad way to spend the day!

I thought for my last post of Valentine's Week, I would compile a list of my favorite love stories. I utterly adore the idea of an enchanting meeting with the person you might spend all your days with. In real life that may not be a common occurrence but in books it luckily happens quite frequently, which makes my hopeless romantic heart dance with joy.

  

A couple of these books may be the same ones I talked about in my favorite OTP quotes, but I'm just so completely in love with these books that it would be ridiculous to not speak about my love for them.

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

No matter how many books I read, this is a book that will forever hide the piece of my heart that it stole when it allowed me to open my copy and be consumed by this story. The beauty of Hazel and Gus' relationship still manages to leave me with tears running down my face as I think of the tragic circumstances they were in and the beautiful miracle of meeting each other that came out of it. It still breaks my heart to think that a love so beautiful was snatched away but I'm so grateful that they were able to experience a love like that in the short time they had together.

2. If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman

I CAN'T CONTAIN MY FEELINGS FOR THESE BOOKS. I absolutely adored Mia and Adam's relationship, how different they were, but how much they accepted and loved each other. The things Adam was willing to go through in order for Mia to be happy, even though he knew it would completely annihilate me, made me break my heart. It's such a beautiful story of falling in love despite your differences, finding someone who loves you for you and letting go of the one you love the most just so that it'll be easier for them to smile.

3. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

I read this book a few years back so I can't remember much but I remember how Jace and Sam's romance made me giggle hysterically and clutch the book to my heart squealing like a fangirl with increasingly high unrealistic expectations when it comes to romance, which is what I am. I've always loved the idea of a a boy next door type of romance and this book just made me fall in love with that idea even more! I also love how involved Sam became with Jace's family, it just made me sigh happily.

4. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

This will always remain one of my favorite trilogies! One of my favorite romances is one between a guy and a girl best friend that turn into something more. Jenny Han executed this perfectly. I absolutely LOVED the dynamics between Belly and Conrad and I absolutely adored how they were such good friends and then more than that. IT MAKES MY HEART HAPPY.

5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I adored Anna and Etienne! I still remember reading this Christmas 2013 and I was happily swept up in their wonderful romance. I loved their playful banter and their strong friendship but I also loved how realistic it was that they kept their feelings hidden in order to maintain this friendship. I absolutely adored Anna and Etienne's relationship, IT WAS SO CUTE.

6. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

RON AND HERMIONE. When I read the first four books when I was twelve I shipped Harry and Hermione and now I don't know what I was thinking. I still haven't managed to get my hands on a copy of the 7th book (CRY FOR ME)but from what I've read in previous books I love Ron and Hermione's love story. I love how they are best friends, Ron is goofy and playful and a slacker when it comes to certain things and Hermione is serious and organized and his polar opposite, but they're so...good together. They strengthen each other and they're there for each other and they'd do anything for each other and GAH I JUST LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Once again a best friend to something more, but in this case, they didn't want to admit they had feelings for each other, despite how obvious it was if you looked close enough.

7. Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Beth and Ryan's story made me bawl my eyes out and then smile like a giddy idiot. I absolutely adore their love story. Their little challenges, the fact that their relationship started out as a dare and transformed into something much more. I love how they slowly learned to trust each other and how these two broken people made each other whole. 

Okay, all these Valentine's posts are making me want to reread all of these books because they're just so amazing and they're phenomenal stories. If you haven't read them, then you most definitely should!

I hope you enjoyed my Valentine's posts. What are your favorite love stories?