Friday, 6 March 2015

Stacking the Shelves #77 - A.K.A.The edition where I requested Netgalley titles when I really shouldn't have

Stacking the Shelves

HELLO. It's March, it's actually March, can you believe it? I know you're probably aware that it's March since we're practically a week in, but since my head has been immersed in school textbooks for the last couple of weeks I haven't really noticed that but now I have and I'm rambling and I'm sorry, it's just I've really missed blogging and I've missed speaking to you guys but stupid studying has taken over my life! *cries forever*

Anyway! I got some books this week! I went on Netgalley and there were SO MANY PRETTIES so I kind of accidentally on purpose went on a requesting frenzy and I actually got accepted for some of them and I'm SUPER DUPER excited to read them all!

Netgalley Books to Review:
How to Fly with Broken WingsBook ScavengerThe Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1)The DUFFHalf Dead & Fully BrokenPerfect TimingCharlie, Presumed Dead

HOW GOOD DO THESE LOOK?! I KNOW RIGHT. The Duff is available to "Read Now" on Netgalley, so if you want to read it you can! I got accepted to review Book Scavenger, Girl at Midnight and Charlie, Presumed Dead!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM?! When I got the emails I was like "YAAASSS"!

So yep, I'm really looking forward to reading these! I'm currently reading Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick and I'm enjoying it so far but Nora makes some stupid decisions at times.

ALSO, one of my favorite authors (Derek Landy) retweeted me and he's never retweeted any of the tweets I've mentioned him in before and I've always hoped he would retweet/tweet me and I started crying and it was just freaking awesome because he wrote the Skulduggery Pleasant books and it's my favorite series at the moment and I WAS SO HAPPY I JUST ASDFGHJKL.

And I finally got TUMBLR! I feel like the last person on earth to get it haha! If you, ya know, want to give me a follow *WINK*, It's called Books Are Best, here's the link: http://booksarebest007.tumblr.com/ If you want to, like, click on it and check out mah Tumblr and ya know, stuff. 

So, that's my haul for the week! Have you read any of these? Did you enjoy them? Are you going to be reading any of these? Let me know and leave comments to your book haul posts below!

28 comments:

  1. That's quite a collection of requested books. I hope you'll enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol nope, I don't have a tumblr! Well, I did make one but like I totally forgot the password and username and all...and I am afraid it'll take over my life if I start using it hah. anyway, I'm really tempted to snag The DUFF! But I think I'll wait and buy it in hardcover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a tumblr too! It's not book themed, (if you don't count the fact that i obsessively reblog everything related to HP) but oh my gosh, it's awesome. I hope you enjoy the awesomeness that is Tumblr. ;) I went overboard with Netgalley requests this week as well; there was muffled screaming when I found that the DUFF was read now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your haul! I also got The Duff even though I read it a few years ago before there was even talks for a movie. Back then, I thought it was okay. I saw the movie and motivated me to read the book again, which is why I got it, even though the movie is nothing like the book. I do hope you enjoy it! I do have Tumblr. I have one for the blog, which its only used to post the blog posts and my personal one. You can follow on either of them: wildestdreamsihad.tumblr.com (personal) and gengenbookblog.tumblr.com (blog posts).
    Check out my STS.
    Genesis @ GenGen's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul! I have The DUFF that I need to read and I'm really curious about Charlie, Presumed Dead, it looks really interesting! I hope you enjoy all of your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh you've got a really interesting selection of books this week. I really want to read The Duff. I've had it a while now, but not got around to it. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. where from can i buy this book, i want to read it. i think this may very good for me.

    you can also visit my blog to know how we can earn online money

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also picked up the Duff. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't feel bad. I request way too many NetGalley titles as well. You got a great selection of books. I hope that you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got so many books! I hope you enjoy them! :)


    Sofia @SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul! Charlie, Presumed Dead is one that I have as well and I'm really excited to read it. The DUFF seems really amazing as well. I'm a new follower & I hope you have a great week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

    Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know right, when I got the account I was like, "It's probably not the best time to get this as I have exams soon..." haha! Ah, I see, I quite like the non-movie edition cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Tumblr blog wasn't even supposed to be a book blog...but it just, ya know, happened. I KNOW RIGHT! I got so excited when I saw it was read now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard that the movie and book are totally different, so it will be interesting seeing the differences between the two! Thanks for stopping by! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really looking forward to reading them, they sound so good! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! I haven't requested in awhile and my ratio is quite good at the moment so I thought I would request a couple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds so good! Aww thank you so much, you too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh, very nice haul! I was VERY tempted to request Charlie, Presumed Dead but I don't know if I have the time, sadly. And The Girl at Midnight looks so good, and I was SO tempted by The DUFF being Read Now, but I feel like maybe I would just be getting it because it said Read Now, if that makes sense? Hope you enjoy all of these, and have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cover from Book scavenger :D I can't wait to read The girl at midnight. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in the middle of The Girl at Midnight and I'm really enjoying it. You have an amazing haul this week. NetGalley - I always get too many, but it does motivate me to get that pile down 'cos who knows what great book is going to show up next week. ;)

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow..this book list seems to be really cool, (well i have read only three of it.) I like reading, although sometimes i need to search for perfect book to read for hours, maybe this blog will change that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Girl at Midnight is on my TBR as well. I hope we both enjoy it. Netgalley just had to go unleash a bunch of interesting titles recently, didn't they? I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!

    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for this post, keep it up for updating us, i am waiting for ur new article.
    IPL 2015 Cricket live score
    mps computers
    Harjinder Singh

    thanks again

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appreciate every single comment and they always make my day. I love making new bookish friends so don't be afraid to say hi! :) x