Top Ten Tuesday #29: Top Ten Favorite Heroines from Books


This lovely meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

I just realised I haven't posted in a week. Curse you, studying! Anyway, I'm so excited for this week's topic! I have so many favorite heroines that inspire me and make me laugh and make me want to be a better person, so I'll try to narrow it down to only 10, but that shall be quite a difficult task for me. THEY'RE JUST ALL SO AMAZING!

1. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series
Hermione is one of my top favorite heroines. I haven't read the last 3 Harry Potter books yet (I really don't want the series to be over) but in the four I have read, Hermione is such a kind, caring, brave and hard-working person and I really admire her for that. Whenever I'm studying and I get really bored or frustrated with it, I say "No. Hermione would study until she could completely ace that test." - she really inspires me to try to get the best grades possible and to be a wonderful friend.

2. Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson series
I absolutely adore Annabeth! I think her and Hermione would probably tie number 1 for being my favorite heroine. I see myself a lot in Annabeth. We both like knowing how everything works, we get quite frustrated if we can't find the answer to something and we will search through hundreds of books (or Google pages) until we find the answer we're looking for. She is also extremely brave and very loyal to the people who she loves. She's such an amazing character!

3. Valkyrie Cain from the Skulduggery Pleasant series
Witty, sarcastic and so incredibly brave. I absolutely adore her! She's gone through some insanely difficult things and later on in the series, she's very careful about making decisions and she makes sure that her decisions won't negatively impact her family and the rest of the world. She's also willing to sacrifice everything to save the world, which is very admirable of her.

4. Tris Prior from Divergent
Tris is so incredibly brave and it's what I admire most about her. She'll face her fears over and over and never back down. Whenever I'm in a situation that scares me (e.g. the orthodontist), I'll think to myself "What would Tris do?" and then I try to be brave like Tris and it helps. It really, really helps.

5. Hazel Grace Lancaster from The Fault in Our Stars
I really admire Hazel. She has cancer, one of the most devastating illnesses, and yet she keeps her sense of humor and she remains brave and realistic. She doesn't think negatively and she doesn't think positively, she accept the facts of horrible things and she deals with it in the best way she can. She's so amazing and I hope that one day I can be as brave as her.

6. Harriet Manners from the Geek Girl series
I absolutely adore Harriet! I can totally relate to her, not in the whole international model sense, but in the wanting to be physicist sense and being a labelled a geek by those around me. Harriet embraces her geekiness, she wears it like a badge and I love how she does that. A lot of books I read, the characters are ashamed of reading and knowing things, but Harriet isn't. I'm one of those people who tells people that I love reading, and I tell them that physics and chemistry fascinates me and yes, I do actually like maths. Most of the time, other times it makes me want to throw the textbook out the window. I love how she embraces being a geek and it makes me want to continue doing the same.

7. Mia Hall from If I Stay
*Spoilers for people who haven't read/watched If I Stay*
...

Mia is so courageous, in my opinion. Her entire family was killed in a car crash and yet she chooses to continue living her life. She goes to Juliard, she continues playing cello, she continues living. You know how much courage it must take, to continue living your life when your entire family has been killed? I think she's absolutely amazing for doing that, for enduring that pain every single day but she still goes on to achieve her goals and to make the best out of her life.

8. Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices trilogy
I LOVE TESSA. She's so kind and sweet and bookish! I'd absolutely love to hang out with Tessa because we could talk about books and poetry all day. Will Herondale would also be there and that would literally be the best thing ever.

9. Liv from Dandelion Clocks
Liv experienced such a traumatic death in her life and I can only imagine how extremely painful it must be to lose that person, yet she deals with it beautifully. She cries and she grieves and you can see it's tearing her to pieces but she tries to continue to live her life and to make that person proud.

10. Cassie Sullivan from The 5th Wave
I love Cassie! She's incredibly sarcastic and she won't take nonsense from anyone and  I love that about her. She will do anything to protect her brother and she will do anything to survive in the messed up world that she lives in. She won't go down without a fight and she'll stand up for who she loves and what she believes in and I think that's fantastic!

These are my top ten heroines! Who are yours?